Senior Inventory Forecasting Analyst
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Inventory Forecasting Analyst provides analytical support through assessment and supports in-season and pre-season top down forecasting to provide guidance and direction to Planning team.
- Builds pre-season and in-season six-month Seasonal Plans for both full price and markdown.
- Partners with Manager in preparation for the Monthly Business Review (MBR) through the development of sales, margin, and inventory forecasts by channel.
- Supports the financial forecast with operating metric goals for traffic, conversion, and ATV.
- Creates/maintains daily forecast for sales and gross margin, supported by operating metrics.
- Partners with Pricing/Promotion team to support the forecast and movement between full price and markdown inventory.
- Manages weekly reporting on channel performance to be shared with leadership.
- Conducts ADHOC analysis in order to identify trends and uncover insights to ensure continuous progress towards achieving financial goals.
- Applies strategic thinking to improve the effectiveness of financial planning activities.
- Understands Backorder reporting and forecast on a weekly basis (Direct only).
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills necessary build seasonal plans
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues
- Ability to work independently and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view but also highlight the risks and opportunities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly organized
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of specialty retail experience, preferably in the Merchandise Planning field. Additional demand planning and forecasting, and merchandising experience a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.