Senior Integration Developer
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Serves as a member of the Information Systems team, supporting Enterprise Integration at the J. Jill corporate headquarters located in Quincy, MA. The Sr. Integration Developer partners with technical resources in Enterprise Applications, eCommerce, Retail, and Business Intelligence teams, as well as, other stakeholders within IS and the business. Serves as a technical contributor in the growth and support of J. Jill’s middleware, which utilizes an ODS and a mix of batch and real-time integration technologies.
- Identifies and applies integration patterns while making sure that key factors, such as performance, availability, and scalability are considered.
- Aligns closely with business partners and translates business requirements into technical solutions.
- Analyzes a problem in multiple dimensions, from business rules to complex technical processes as it applies to an individual area or the entire ecosystem.
- Understands complex business problems and supports the solutions for such problems.
- Uses C# and the .Net framework to build and deploy web services to facilitate integration between operational systems.
- Familiar with REST API concepts and coding.
- Develops batch interfaces from database using appropriate means to protect data accuracy and integrity.
- Uses RDBMS and the SQL query language to create new database objects as needed, including Tables, Views and Stored Procedures.
- Understands and leverages best-practice techniques to ensure quality development within a BizTalk, SQL and C#.NET Integration environment.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis using T-SQL query language within the database systems.
- Investigates existing database objects to identify and remediate performance issues.
- Participates in on call rotation to provide off hours coverage and support.
- Working knowledge of business functional areas preferred:
- Point of Sale.
- Direct to Consumer.
- Merchandise Management.
- Supply Chain and business support systems.
- Knowledge and capability in relevant technology:
- BizTalk or 2013 R2
- Enterprise Service Bus concepts
- Exposure to and interest in Cloud concepts (Azure)
- C# and the .NET Framework
- BizTalk Deployment Framework (preferred)
- Automic (preferred)
- XML, XSD, LINQ, Entity Framework, JSON technologies.
- Web-Services, SOAP, REST, and SOA.
- SQL Server (2012 or later).
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
- Oracle (9i/10g/11g) and PL/SQL (preferred)
- DB2 (preferred)
- Professional and administrative skills:
- Ad-Hoc data analysis and research.
- Unit, functional and user-acceptance testing.
- Data validation.
- Software Development Life Cycle.
- Abstract thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who is able to investigate issues independently
- Collaborative skills.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional).
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS, CSE, MIS, CE, Mathematics or other related field), or nearing the completion of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of BizTalk Integration experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.