Senior Director Ecommerce
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
We a seeking a leader for J.Jill’s eCommerce team, owning the end to end experience as well as daily operations of the website. This person plays a key role in driving the growth of our direct channel and delivering against our financial targets as well as core web targets such as conversion and AOV. We are seeking a leader with experience in omni-channel capabilities, personalization/relevance, and delivering a branded experience.
The Senior Director, eCommerce will be responsible for defining J.Jill’s strategy for investing in our digital experience and delivering an experience that drives high satisfaction and differentiation for our brand. This leader should be able to balance an analytical approach of test and learn with a customer centric vision.
Strategy and Planning
- Defines the vision for the end-to-end eCommerce experience including connections to other parts of the J.Jill experience (retail stores, customer satisfaction, distribution, marketing)
- Advances a growth agenda including driving segmented customer journeys, increasing personalization and relevance, and omni-channel features in partnership with our retail channel
- Translates the site vision into a roadmap that is aligned to our financial, customer, and brand goals
Operations and Management
- Monitors and manages performance, drive insights about what is working and how to improve.
- Manages daily E-commerce operations including, online merchandising, operations, promotion, and content execution. Drives alignment with marketing, merchandising, and promotional calendar.
- Directs improvements to customer satisfaction with the ecommerce experience.
- Understands the broader J.Jill strategy and support key initiatives on the website: Brings strategies to life that may come from ecommerce, marketing, merchandising.
- Collaborates with merchandising team on content and creative team on creative execution.
- Partners with IS team to manage backlog of investments: Owns the backlog of site experience enhancements, health of the platform, etc… in partnership with the technology team.
- Collaborates with external partners to leverage their expertise and tools.
- Deep working knowledge of the digital environment and tools and platforms used to deliver an exceptional online experience.
- Strong leadership and proven ability to build and manage a high performing team.
- Ability to define a vision, operationalize the delivery, and monitor and pivot as you learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA a plus
- 12+ years in ecommerce with growing responsibilities, ideally in an omni-channel environment.
- Proven track record of converting data into actionable improvement.
- Expert in ecommerce technology/tools/partners and get the most out of what we have.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.