Retail Operations Analyst (Remote)
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
To support and drive Jill's businesses' financial and operational performance, candidates will perform various assignments, projects, and activities related to financial planning and store-type optimization. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to challenge existing business practices, propose workable solutions, and drive initiatives to completion. To support the ability to complete analysis, you’ll need to look around corners to answer questions before they are asked. You’ll earn trust through performance and relationship building, think strategically and analytically about business challenges, and apply your sales operations experience to assist the team in delivering results. You will need to be highly analytical, a strong problem solver, and an effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results. This role will also communicate retail best practices across the retail chain. Possessing a highly analytical, data-centric approach, s/he will be a process-driven and strategic partner to retail teams.
- Analyze global retail sales by market
- Build and maintain relationships with local markets and cross-functional teams at HQ
- You will understand the business model of each market/region
- Prepare and analyst business sales results, identifying trends and actionable insights.
- Serve as a critical team member to help complete analysis and deliver actionable insights to sales leadership.
- Partner with multiple stakeholder groups to identify areas of interest for the business and scope projects to analyze the impact and make recommendations.
- Understand critical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met.
- Produce insights by being able to distill large quantitative data sets and qualitative anecdotes into digestible deliverables.
- Provides recommendations for improvements to tools, scorecards, KPIs, processes, and benchmarks
- Responsible for developing standard templates, tools, scorecards, etc.
- Responsible for providing support and proposing recommendations for improvements to tools and information
- Assists with other store support projects as needed
- Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Data-driven influencing skills
- Ability to remain organized, pay attention to detail and meet critical deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills with the ability to interact effectively with various skillsets and leadership levels
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners to gain alignment and consensus with key stakeholders on the project
- Ability to confidently present retail analysis to both internal and external customers
- Work well independently as well as effectively contribute to a team environment
- Minimal travel required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in an analyst role in a retail setting required
- Labor Management systems experience preferred
- Strong aptitude with MS Office tools, incredibly advanced Excel skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.