Ecommerce Developer Java
Works in a team setting that requires the ability to understand, document and transform business requirements into technical requirements. Supports the J.Jill ecommerce sites within the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform along with internally developed and supported web services. Possess a solid understanding of web technologies and web architecture along with the ability to deliver production quality work at a demanding pace. Works in a small IT shop where flexibility and ability to serve in diverse roles is required while being adaptable and supportive of change.
- Development work primarily on projects and enhancements on the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform.
- Strong diagnostic skills are essential with the ability to identify issues, define, and recommend solutions to deliver quality outcomes.
- Develops application fixes in a complex, time-sensitive environment.
- Works with multiple departments within the organization to understand, develop, design and implement new applications or updates as required.
- Works with team members and business in understanding requirements, designing solutions, and developing specifications.
- Possesses strong knowledge of desktop browsers, tablet and mobile interfaces and corresponding cross-browser capabilities and their limitations.
- Works to integrate with third-party applications used in the day to day support and maintenance of both internal and external facing web sites.
- Promptly and appropriately answers and resolves support related emails, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills.
- Must have experience working with Struts, DOJO and Spring Framework.
- Experience building web-based interfaces on IBM WebSphere Commerce.
- Strong Java and Java EE skills (JSP, Servlets, EJB).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Web service knowledge (XML/SOAP).
- HTML5, JQuery and JSON.
- Experience with Java Script and CSS minification and optimization.
- Working knowledge of cross browser and diverse device OS development and optimization a plus.
- Experience with integration of third-party applications such as proactive chat, internal search and tag management.
- Experience in support of high-availability Internet applications.
- Knowledge of Gradle is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5+ years of overall web development experience, preferably on commerce sites.
- 3+ years of IBM WebSphere Commerce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.