Director Business Services
Supports and executes the vision of the Business Services function by overseeing the intersection of business processes and the applications used within the business teams to enable efficient workflows and functional alignment between the business and the technology used to support the business.
- Oversees the definition, documentation and updating of business processes to support the efficient workflows within and between teams, application/functional requirement definition where appropriate, and modification of processes to align with applications/workflows were appropriate.
- Contributes to the creation of strategic direction of technology and processes within the functional areas based upon knowledge of business strategy and industry direction.
- Identifies application/tool/functional gaps through process work and recommends solutions (not responsible for building or supporting desktop tools, ie: Excel).
- Manages vendor relationships with hosted vendors (GXS EDI, Avery Dennison ICE, etc) and coordinates with other IS department teams as required.
- Manages the identification, prioritization, and communication with the business teams for technology projects.
- Provides functional expertise to all areas of the business on the systems in use.
- Designs and documents all system enhancements and “bug” fixes and then prioritizes and assigns to the technical team.
- Represents the business team as one voice to IS on all system project issues.
- Develops the schedule and project plan for new releases of systems and coordinates with the technical team and training for implementation.
- Functional experience in apparel product development, sourcing, merchandising or inventory management role (or related application support role) preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret process / application / analysis challenges and identify potential solutions.
- Strong comprehension of system capabilities as to recommend solutions with written business requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in project management techniques and system training methodologies.
- Strong desktop application skills (Excel, Access, Word, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of directly related industry experience in process definition and/or system implementations.