J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Director Copy is the brand voice expert/editor in chief and leads the Copy and Copyediting teams while serving as key support/partner for VP Creative Development to deliver compelling brand story that distinguishes J.Jill in a competitive marketplace and drives sales. Collaborates with Brand Marketing, Merchandising and Ecommerce leaders in strategizing and executing direction for all creative omnichannel customer touch points—Retail, Direct, Ecommerce and any new opportunities that may develop—to establish and/or strengthen the emotional connection with new and existing customers.
- Continuously refines brand voice and executes consistently across all customer facing touch points
- Is adept at creative copy development across all types of media.
- Partners with Design and Creative Development team in brainstorming seasonal initiatives ranging from concept themes (guides for all omnichannel creative work) to quick-turnaround market response projects
- Creates seasonal manifestos that serve as a voice guide for corporate creative teams.
- Continually reviews and refines all processes and workflows related to creative copy and copy editing within the organization.
- Collaborates with Brand Marketing, Merchandising and Ecommerce partners to continually explore options to drive sales, acquire new customers and strengthen J.Jill brand
- Meets and exceeds all deadlines with the highest standards and quality controls
- Develops, mentors and inspires best-in-class Copy team (writers and copyeditors)
- Creates a culture of success while valuing curiosity, compassion and respect
- Brand Marketing, CRM, Direct Marketing, Ecommerce, Merchandising and Design teams
- Decisive leader that is a creative/strategic thinker at the brand level while being comfortable in a fast pace production environment
- Must be an energetic creative partner in helping develop brand concepts and campaigns
- Talent champion and developer, balancing hands-on guidance with delegation
- Passion for continually learning and offering fresh viewpoints
- Ability to thrive within a fluid, fast-paced environment
- 10+ years fashion branding/editorial writing for an in-house creative department or agency (specialty retail omnichannel expertise preferred) with a minimum of 6 years managing team of 10 or more
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field
- Mac proficient with ability to learn any necessary platforms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of this position
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.