Cloud & Virtualization Engineer
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Cloud and Virtualization Engineer works closely with the Applications & Infrastructure teams to architect Cloud based solutions that improve systems availability and minimize operating costs. Uses automation and cloud integration skills to integrate and automate applications at J.Jill’s remote computing service providers, e.g. Amazon AWS and our private Cloud. Provides technical leadership and infrastructure expertise to ensure a reliable and efficient deployment process into private and public cloud platforms. Performs capacity planning, monitoring and cost optimization techniques to ensure end-to-end cost transparency. Deploys and administers Virtual Machine environments and services, including capacity planning and management based on near and long-term forecasts.
- Implements infrastructure deployment methods that are optimized for the cloud and which enable an elastic and resilient application environment.
- Maintains infrastructure version control, configuration management, and automatic deployment of the entire application stack.
- Develops and maintains standards for Cloud Operations and infrastructure Deployment. Provides infrastructure versioned templates that meet these standards and are accessible to IS teams for infrastructure automated deployment.
- Uses diverse technologies such as CloudFormation, Terraform, PowerShell, etc. to build automated cloud infrastructure.
- Uses diverse tools to load balance applications across multiple cloud instances.
- Helps IS teams to deploy and optimize various technologies and systems.
- Performs research and analysis on emerging systems technologies and determines how to integrate the new technology into a cloud-based environment.
- Participates in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Cloud platforms.
- Generates Business Intelligence reports in various tools such as CloudHealth and AWS QuickSight, for proactive analysis of cloud utilization, capacity management, and security reporting.
- Creates and maintains automation for frequent updates to Operating System machine images (AMIs) for secure, automated Cloud based deployment to AWS, Azure and on-premise Clouds.
- Adheres to all IS departmental policies and procedures published by the IS PMO.
- Provides on-call support for Cloud Implementations.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability to be strategic, creative, and leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Proficiency with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as AWS CloudFormation templates.
- Proficiency in using tools such as AWS EC2 and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Proficiency with container technologies and management platforms (e.g. Elastic Container Service).
- Proficiency in AWS Identity and Access Management and SAML integrations with Active Directory.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting Node, Python, .Net based applications.
- Expertise in writing queries and administration scripts in languages like Python, TSQL, Bash.
- Experience implementing and administration of systems for Linux and Windows OS.
- Experience leading small to medium scope projects as a technical lead.
- Experience mentoring other team members within their teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud a plus.
- Experience deploying and managing DNS, DHCP solutions.
- Experience with Hashicorp suite of tools for Cloud Management - Terraform, Vault, Packer, Vagrant.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) for deploying application/infrastructure – Git, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Collaborative skills.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional).
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design.
- Excellent time and resource planning and management skills.
- Ability to perform Ad-Hoc data analysis and research.
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business Project Team members.
- Ability to work well with people in other departments and outside the company.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS, CSE, MIS, CE, Mathematics or other related field), or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience with systems support responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting solutions on Amazon AWS
- AWS / Cloud Certifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.