The Benefits Administrator performs a variety of duties related to the day to day administration of employee benefit programs, including but not limited to enrollment, eligibility, billing and record-keeping functions, as well as associate communications, for health/medical, dental, and life insurance, voluntary benefits, flexible spending, health savings accounts, retirement, and various other benefit programs.
- Performs operational and transactional tasks required to administer company benefit programs, such as group health and welfare plans, life and disability insurance, and 401k, for new hires, current and terminated associates.
- Serves as a primary contact for associates and managers regarding benefit related issues, questions and decisions regarding eligibility or other related topics.
- Coordinates the distribution of all informational materials related to employee benefits.
- Fields associate phone calls and responds to associate inquires by e-mail.
- Maintains company’s internal website and HRIS system with current benefit plan information.
- Resolves employee issues with insurance providers and other benefit administrators.
- Gathers data needed for monthly benefits billing and ensures accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Works with vendors to support adminstration of healthcare plans, 401(k) Plan, FSA Plans, and Associate Discount Plan.
- Performs benefits plan audits as needed.
- Provides data to vendors to support testing, reporting, and administration of benefits plans.
- Coordinates various wellness campaigns and benefits events.
- Reviews and enrolls or enters associate information and changes into the various systems as required in a timely manner.
- Works closely with HRIS and payroll staff to ensure integrity of information held in all records, including HR files and automated HRIS system.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality at all times and responds to outside inquiries in accordance with Company policy and/or approval from HR department management.
- Well organized with good attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains excellent rapport with all J.Jill associates
- Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are required, coupled with a strong sense of urgency toward problem resolution
- Experience with benefits area in a similar work environment handling a broad range of tasks in support of benefits administration
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level of computer skill using MS Excel and Word
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical skills for conducting reconciliations and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- 3+ years of benefits administration experience
- Previous experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems; Workday experience preferred