J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Responsible for the design and development of product line for seasonal collections in partnership with Senior Director of Design. Interprets and implements design concepts appropriate for the J. Jill customer while being consistent with the brand image.
See the product process from initial concept to production, along with all aspects of design, layouts, and communication to vendors.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Product Development, Fabric and Tech Design to develop the line.
- Adhere to development calendar, ensuring all deadlines are met and samples and prototypes are ready for presentation.
- Present the line to the merchants and cross-functional teams.
- Partners with overseas vendors to develop product
- Manages overall design aesthetic and communications with technical counterparts
Strong background in web- based applications; PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
High taste level and awareness of fabric & market trends that are relevant to the J Jill brand
Possesses technical skills and knowledge of garment design and development Strong communication skills with overseas business partners to develop and execute product
Innovation & Creative Thinking
Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Positive attitudeCreativity & FlexibilityDetail oriented Works well with othersSelf starter
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of related experience.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.