Assistant Technical Designer (Wovens)
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Associate Technical Designer provides support across categories in the Technical Design department. In this role you will manage categories such as woven, knits, sweaters, and outerwear. The role spans a wide variety of skills relating to fit and sample development.
The Associate Technical Designer possesses flexibility and openess to learning to improve knowledge base, and maintains good organization skills and passion for product.
- Notifies teams of new samples from overseas for fit.
- Prepares samples for Fit Sessions.
- Measures samples, compare construction and overall execution, to tech pack requirement.
- Records results on the appropriate forms to be used for fit sessions and report writing.
- Participates in fit sessions with the goal of expanding knowledge and experience across category.
- Assists with report writing as needed.
- Modifies construction sketches and other details in tech pack specifications as needed.
- Communicates and interacts with internal and external partners. Topics include sample status, fit comments, and garment construction comments as well as tracking samples.
- Basic understanding of fit, garment construction, and sample measuring a benefit.
- Ability to create technical sketches using computer software tools as well as manual sketches
- Ability to maintain focus and work accurately while working in an open environment
- A cooperative, positive attitude, is a benefit.
- Strong organizational skills is a must
- Ability to accept feedback about processes and skill set and engage in conversation around best practices to deepen knowledge base.
- Minimum 1-year course completion in Technical Design or Design related studies
- Internship or industry experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.