Sales Lead - Sherman Oaks Fashion Square
Sherman Oaks, CA
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Sales Lead supports the management team in achieving store sales and profitability goals by creating a positive and energetic store environment. The primary focus is to ensure a superior customer experience by acting as the sales floor leader and allowing management to focus on overall store leadership. Assists the management team in ensuring excellent visual merchandising and operational standards. In the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, the Sales Lead acts in the capacity of the manager on duty.
Sales Generation and Performance
Responsible for achieving individual and store sales and productivity performance goals:
- When acting in capacity as manager on duty, communicates store and individual goals to all associates and uses metric results to motivate and coach to behaviors
- Identifies and celebrates individual and team successes
- Builds customer loyalty by creating genuine connections with customers, achieving J Jill Credit Card and Email capture goals, and assisting with company sponsored outreach events
- Works with customers to resolve merchandise and customer service issues timely and effectively, ensuring positive customer experience and continued customer loyalty
Coaches Store Team
Promotes a positive and energetic store atmosphere of teamwork as well as individual associate contribution:
- Acts as a Sales Floor Leader and a role model to ensure all customers are delighted and segment selling goals are achieved
- Encourages store associates to try on new styles to enhance product knowledge, assist customers in building great outfits and project the J. Jill brand image
- Ensures customers are encouraged to try on items and associates are genuinely advising to help her build her wardrobe in the fitting room
- Assists in training new associates, with particular focus on product and customer experience
- Assists with planning and executing floorset and ongoing re-merchandising of store
- Ensures excellent visual standards are consistently maintained
- Replenishes the sales floor consistently to ensure all sizes and minimum standards are represented on the sales floor
- When acting in capacity of manager on duty, adjusts weekly store schedules if needed to meet customer needs
- Utilizes company tools to ensure optimal daily floor coverage and zoning, as well as management of tasks
- Participates in all operational areas and functions including: knowledge and implementation of all company policies and procedures, marketing, product replenishment, markdowns and promotions, store cleanliness and backroom organization
- Assists with protecting company assets and reduce merchandise shrink by overseeing internal, external and administrative inventory processes according to company procedures
- Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local employment laws to ensure a safe environment and protect company assets
- Performs all duties in the best interest of the company and brand
- Leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
- Strong style, merchandising and wardrobing skills
- Ability to clearly communicate goals and objectives to team
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Treats everyone on the team with dignity and respect, and motivates through inspiring and encouraging leadership
- 2+ years Women’s Specialty Retail experience required, 1+ years in a store supervisory position preferred
- Point of Sale and general Microsoft Office software experience
- Experience in relevant Human Resource processes
- Must have the availability to work during the majority of peak business periods, including Saturday and Sunday
About Us :
Salary & Benefits (Full-time):
- The approximate pay range for this role is $17.00 - $19.55 per hour. Actual rates of pay will be determined based upon the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of applicants.
- Full-time associates are eligible for benefits including but not limited to medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with matching, paid time off, generous associate discounts, and employee assistance programs.
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.