Senior Print Production Specialist
Works closely with the Print Production Manager (PPM) to support the production of all in-house and customer facing printed materials. Owns essential functions related to print production for the retail and catalog business channels. Works with multiple printing processes, including offset, roto and digital.
Helps quote jobs, manage invoices and track costs. Works with internal partners and external suppliers to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that delivers high quality and competitive pricing.
- Owns planning and execution of multiple recurring print projects.
- Creates yearly production schedules and supply project managers with file release dates.
- Supplies print specs for current projects to Creative, using our web based project management tool.
- Reviews vendor composed proofs for accuracy and traffic through internal review and proofing process.
- Partners with Merchandising to secure color swatches required for the pre-press color approval process.
- Performs color proof reviews and on-press approvals as needed.
- Inputs monthly signage kit components into online ordering system, this includes codes, stock, ink color and special finishing instructions. Monitor and maintain signage inventory levels.
- Assists PPM and Director of Creative Services with yearly budgeting for multiple business channels.
- Creates POs for print jobs and track related expenses. Involvement with monthly financial reporting.
- Quoting of new and unique print jobs with select vendors.
- Partners with Store Ops to fulfill store requests for signage and other printed materials. Maintain database of store profiles.
- Attends kick-off and creative planning meetings, as needed, to offer production insight.
- Researches new vendors, as needed, and maintain a new vendor database.
- Strong color skills for color critical reviews and approvals on press.
- Experience reviewing & marking up images for retouching.
- Knowledge of multiple print techniques.
- Ability to work and build a relationship with multiple outside vendors.
- Experience with budgeting, expense tracking and cost management.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 6+ years of print production experience: in-house agency or print vendor setting.
- Retail industry experience is preferred.
- Workfront or similar project management software experience a plus.