J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Leads by example and maintains a positive attitude. Ensures all omnichannel (direct, retail, and catalog) and collateral copy is brand-right, creative, guiding, and concise. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the brand voice and customer mindset. Generates fresh ideas on a daily basis, is an expert storyteller, edits the work of copywriters, and provides thoughtful feedback.
- Conceptualizes, writes, and oversees assigned omnichannel and collateral projects.
- Adheres to the J.Jill Copy Style and Brand Voice.
- Implements any necessary copy changes and edits.
- Supports Manager Copy and Director Copy and helps develop and mentor copywriters.
- Partners with Copyediting team, Graphic Designers, Art Directors, and Account Executives.
- Works collaboratively with all partners outside of Creative Development.
- Solid foundation in fashion copywriting or editorial fashion writing in an in-house creative department or agency (specialty retail experience including omnichannel expertise is preferred).
- Ability to thrive within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to production schedules and overlapping deadlines.
- Strong interest in fashion design and lifestyle market. Knowledge of design construction and terminology a plus.
- Strong command of the English language. Familiarity with AP Style and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Computer literate and willing to learn new applications (MAC experience preferred).
- Must be a clear and direct communicator with the ability to take direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience writing fashion/lifestyle copy in an in-house creative department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.