J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Planner will be responsible for the complete financial management of assigned area of responsibility, including the creation of financial and merchandise plans, actualization of results, and a keen ability to identify, communicate, and implement strategic business opportunities at the division, category, and season code levels. The Planner will forecast sales, markdowns, and inventory levels on a regular basis and identify risks to the business and develop action plans in cooperation with their merchandising partner to mitigate risks profitably.
- Creates monthly financial plans at division and category level for fiscal time periods
- Presents Reforecast of sales, gross margin, and inventory at Monthly Business Meetings (MBR)
- Recaps end of season performance at division, category, season, and style levels for merchandise buy period
- Conducts basic stock replenishment (order quantity by style, color, and size)
- Plans key items for all basic styles (sales, margin, inventory)
- Conducts daily, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal sales reporting
- Manages inventory flow on fashion receipts
- Develops size curve and pre-pack definitions
- Partners with Merchant team to present and discuss item buys at Investment Review meetings.
- Proven track record of financially astute business management
- Expertise in retail math with strong analytical skills/ learning agility
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate business opportunities and risks/ analytical and data reasoning
- Good organization and workload prioritization skills/ detail-orientation and accuracy
- Proficient in planning systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong team player/relationship-building
- Proven process of improvement and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in retail planning and analysis
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.