Director Corporate Communications
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The J. Jill Director Corporate Communications establishes, drives, and executes all corporate communications for J Jill. In this role you will develop and execute on a strategy that will bring to life our story, establish the J. Jill brand, enhance employee engagement, and emphasize the company’s unique aspects to associates and customers about the business, brand, and culture.
- Develops and delivers the internal communications strategy and programs related to key news, company updates, and all internal communications in a way that enhances associate engagement, awareness, and message clarity.
- Creates and drafts communications working with different members of the organization, such as all company announcements, CEO scripts for monthly companywide business meetings, and materials that support our business and brand story.
- Assesses and evaluates existing communications channels for level or impact and establishes a point of view on opportunities that will evolve how we leverage communication within our brand and takes into consideration the different environments that we message to (i.e., corporate, distribution, retail).
PR & External Communication
- Develops and drives, sometimes in partnership with external agencies, opportunities that will enhance corporate visibility, community awareness, media/social media relations and coverage of the company, leaders, and progress.
- Establishes, manages, and maintains relationships with key media outlets and press.
- Identifies opportunities to showcase J Jill brand.
- Partners with the CEO to generate and implement creative, proactive ideas, and opportunities (conferences, media, social, etc.) for how she shows up publicly and generates interest and awareness in the brand.
- Helps create, plans, and tracks social media posts and profiles for executives.
Team & Other Involvement
- Partners and provides guidance to specialty areas on communications and messaging related to:
- Recruitment campaigns
- Employer branding initiatives and social presence
- Engagement initiatives and activities
- Employee wellbeing programs
- Crisis management as needed
- Acts as a key member of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team. Helps to drive engagement through communication, as well as message J Jill strategy, vision, efforts, and progress as appropriate externally.
- Develops strategies to track, monitor, and communicate high-impact issues affecting the business and/or associates and ways in which we should address through communication.
- Reviews and edits communications and presentations generated by other functions, as needed.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are a must
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with C-suite and senior level professionals
- Extremely strong attention to detail and very process-oriented
- Hands-on approach and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience or interest in the fashion/retail industry
- A sense of curiosity with a desire to always learn.
- 10 + years’ experience in corporate communications or public relations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or journalism or equivalent job experience desired
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.