Technical Services Specialist
Performs desktop and laptop PC equipment installation and configuration. Assists in the design, development, modification, and deployment of new and existing WAN/LAN technologies, VPN solutions, and voice communications infrastructure.
- Assists in the deployment of Client / Server Applications.
- Assists in the analysis, maintenance, and administration of a Windows NT enterprise network environment
- Assists in implementing / tracking technology-related projects.
- Assists in maintaining cabling requirements through the upkeep of patch panels, punch down blocks, hubs, etc. -
- Assists in Help Desk activities and functions.
- Assists in the upkeep and efficiency of data communications within the enterprise including remote installations, termination, and communications equipment.
- Assists in maintaining Client/Server data integrity and security.
- Maintains knowledge of business directions and technical strategies.
- Coordinates, plans and executes user moves in relation to computing equipment and peripherals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, oral and written communications are essential
- Organized, dedicated, and motivated team player
- Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to work with the following: LAN/WAN knowledge and experience, desktop operating systems including MS Windows 95/98 and NT workstation, Desktop Applications, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, MS Windows NT, DNS configuration and management. Routing Protocols, TCP/IP configuration and management, Ethernet, Network management platforms; Cisco routers, bridges, and switching technologies, Frame Relay, Security, and Firewalls. Voice Communications experience for PBX, Key, and ACD systems.
- Associate degree required (BS preferred) in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related technical discipline
- 3 + yrs relevant experience.
- Requires a professional with strong technical skills that can function with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).