Leads and supervises the packing department processing team to deliver the intended customer experience by achieving department goals and objectives for safety, quality, service, and productivity. Monitors daily production and works collaboratively with the leadership team on achievement of goals and adjusts staff accordingly. Fosters an environment consistent with ‘Our Commitment’ and company policies and guidelines. Leads and promotes continuous improvement within the operation and engage business partners as appropriate.
- Promotes and holds associates accountable to safety standards by ensuring associates use the safest and best methods to meet performance goals. Conducts safety assessments, observations, accidents investigations, and training as appropriate.
- Communicates departmental goals and objectives to ensure associates have clearly defined expectations. Coordinates workload with manager and team leaders to determine staffing requirements necessary to achieve goals on a daily or weekly basis. Collaborates with other DC department leadership to ensure overall goals are accomplished and supported.
- Achieves service and productivity goals as an active leader and expert within the Packing area, including assisting in production when necessary. Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and leads associate development through active coaching, performance observations, counseling, and annual performance appraisal process for each associate.
- Hires great people and builds a strong team that has the training and tools necessary to deliver the intended customer experience. Develops cross-training plans and job rotation to meet peak volume periods and to support other departments in the DC.
- Ensures all associates are held accountable to company policies and guidelines such as attendance, paid time off, productivity, and accuracy to ensure all company policies and standards are met. Addresses any departmental issue or associate concern quickly and ensures any disciplinary action is handled in a consistent and fair manner.
- Maintains and updates the department’s best methods or standard operating procedures on an annual basis or more frequently as appropriate.
- Must have good computer skills with high importance to excel, word and outlook
- Familiarity with PkMS, Pyramid
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to direct the time of others.
- Must have leadership skills and ability to supervise people.
- Must have the ability to manage projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Ability to lead and supervisor others.
- Ability to work with people, collaboratively.
- Ability to make judgment calls on quality.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with good organization and time management skills.
- 3+ years of experience in a Distribution Center or similar environment.
- Associate, vocational, or technical degree preferred.