Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting (SEC/GAAP)
The Senior Reporting Analyst assists in all aspects of the financial and Securities and Exchange Commission reporting for a newly publicly-traded company. The position participates in technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and assists in the development, maintenance and review of internal controls.
- Assists in the preparation of 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Researches accounting pronouncements and accounting issues.
- Manages SOX processes and updates internal controls.
- Partners closely with Internal audit on SOX testing.
- Communicates with external auditors to assist with quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Assists and completes special projects as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of financial reporting under US GAAP
- Experience and strong understanding of internal controls
- Strong project management and attention to detail
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Fosters teamwork across the organization with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; CPA a plus.
- 4+ years of public accounting or related experience, preferably with retail and/or direct-to-consumer business.