Senior Manager Supply Chain Systems
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Systems – OMNI Channel Fulfillment is responsible for all Distribution Center (DC), Contact Center (CC), and Supply Chain technology and services across all channels of the business. This includes software, hardware, and integration with Retail, eCommerce, and backend systems. This role is the primary contact for all technology that runs our DC, CC, and Supply Chain. Provides technical support that spans all aspects of Supply Chain systems, including, Order Management, Warehouse Management, Warehouse & Conveyer Control, and EDI. This leader plays a key role in J.Jill’s OMNI transformation by modernizing technologies and processes across business channels.
- Successfully leads a cross-functional team in vendor selection, planning, development, configuration, integration and deployment of OMNI Fulfillment platforms and business capabilities.
- Serves as first point of contact for the DC and CC management teams and all vendors supporting the application portfolio.
- Works closely with Company, Distribution Center (DC), Contact Center (CC) and IT leadership to define strategies and initiatives related to Omnichannel Supply Chain.
- Leads DC, CC, and Supply Chain Systems – OMNI Fulfillment architecture by collaborating closely with channel leaders to ensure technology and processes are developed for scale, properly tested and maintained.
- Partners cross-functionally to support business priorities and the IT Roadmap.
- Partners with DC & CC Operations to prioritize, track, monitor, and manage the list of initiatives, both active and in queue.
- Leads and manages team of technical specialists (onsite and offshore) in day-to-day support of existing systems.
- Maintains technical ownership of existing key Supply Chain systems, including:
- Commercial Ware Mozart on iSeries Order Management System
- Manhattan Associates PkMS on iSeries Warehouse Management System
- Pyramid Controls on Windows/SQL Server Warehouse/Conveyor Control Systems
- Pyramid Controls on Windows/SQL Server RF-Directed Picking, Sorting and Packing Systems
- AL Systems (SDI) on Unix Put-to-Light Unit Distribution Systems
- OpenText EDI and Supplier Collaboration
- Owns Project and Solution Development Execution to effectively plan and manage projects that are on time, within budget and compliant with policies.
- Ensures that new solutions are properly tested, developed, and maintained.
- Actively manages vendors to ensure the best value from the relationship.
- Effectively engages with the IT Service Desk for continuous improvement on proactive communication and services provided to the DC & CC.
- Works closely with the Project Management Office, Enterprise Architecture & Integration, and Quality Assurance teams to ensure systems and projects are being developed and executed in accordance with technology standards and guidelines (SDLC).
- Works with the Human Resources, Learning and Development teams to ensure effective implementation of all new systems, equipment, and software in the DC & CC.
- Works closely with Information Security to ensure PCI and SOX compliance.
- Maintains awareness of new development in Omnichannel and Supply Chain technologies and service providers.
- Working knowledge of business functional areas:
- DC and Warehouse Operations
- EDI & Data Exchange
- Omnichannel Order Management Fulfillment
- Engineered Standards and Operational Reporting
- Transportation Management
- Labor Scheduling
- Contact Center Management
- Experience selecting and implementing OMNI-Channel Fulfillment Technology with strong integration to eCommerce and Retail.
- Large-scale technical project leadership including design, integration, security, testing and implementation experience.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with and proactively manage vendors to ensure J Jill gets the most value from product and services.
- Influencing, leading, and delegating and team building capabilities.
- Ability to initiate/manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented: Ability to achieve the target within given time
- Negotiating skills
- Adaptability – Efficient under pressure, working towards a resolution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Off-hours availability expected during urgent issues.
- Knowledge and capability in iSeries technology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
- 8+ years of relevant knowledge and leadership experience with Supply Chain systems
- 5+ years implementing OMNI technology and processes
- Experience working in the Retail Industry, preferably specialty retail
- Moderate travel required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.