Senior Manager Retail Accounting
Supports all aspects retail segment and oversees the research and implementation of any applicable new and proposed accounting standards. Oversees retail back office support and assists with the related implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. Partners closely with the FP&A group on forecast, budgeting, and variance explanations.
- Ensures compliance with new leasing standards, including the selection and implementation of any new software solutions.
- Leads and develops team members to inspire world class performance from the back office function. Implementing best practices to increase efficiency and control. Optimize use of the new Oracle system.
- Supports the SEC reporting process with items required for disclosures.
- Coordinates, directs, plans and executes the retail component of the external audit.
- Ensures ongoing SOX compliance requirements for retail, including the identification and mitigation of control risks.
- Writes, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of retail accounting policies. (i.e. asset impairment.)
- Manages the sales audit team.
- Acts as the technical accounting lead for retail. Research emerging issues, pronouncements and practices in retail accounting and recommend actions for implementation.
- Supports the FP&A team on the development of forecasts, budgeting, and variance explanations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Global thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the organization, and achieves consensus; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions and work in a collaborative style.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; CPA a strong plus.
- 8+ years of experience in a top-tier public accounting firm and /or progressive financial experience in a large corporation, preferably in a retail business.
- 5+ years of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control development and implementation experience.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Lease accounting experience in a multi-location environment.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and being an influential business partner.