Senior Computer Operator
Supports operational processes & procedures within the data operations centers and achieves closure of all escalated service requests and incidents reports not resolved by Level 1 operations. Duties include, but not limited to operations, testing, maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and integration of all third party and in house applications systems and/or processes and procedures. Identifies updates and develops documentation, including training for the Level 1 support team associates in support of continuous improvement and skill sets development. Oversees Level 1 support associates and project manages implementations with all levels as required.
- Provides Second level support with regards to a request for service until the issue is resolved; this may include escalation of the ticket to the appropriate department to fulfill the service request.
- Provides Second level support with regards to incidents reported by the client until the issue is resolved; this may include escalation of the ticket to the appropriate department to fulfill the service request.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for end users, including recommendations on and implementation of corrective solutions.
- Enters and reports technical problems, causes and solutions within the Incident Management software. Participates as required to meet defined SLA’s. This includes assigning and prioritizing open service requests to oneself or others. Documents reported issues in trouble ticketing system.
- Ensures computer systems with the Data Operation are running efficiently (according to documented procedures. Monitors and documents alerts from various monitoring systems to ensure maximum uptime. Closely monitors the progress of batch processing, reacts with a sense of urgency in seeking resolution to failed processes. Follows procedures and direction to accurately execute batch process schedules. Communicates up quickly when a priority issue occurs.
- Oversees the escalation to third level support for problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution of issues not able to be resolved at L1 and/or L2
- Implements defined system and application configurations, schedules, etc. in accordance with L3 provided standards and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and technologies in a fast paced environment
- Excellent record keeping and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Data Operations, Enterprise and Client Systems, MS Office, PC's, peripherals. Experience and Knowledge of Retail & Distributions systems a plus.
- Must be available to work evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts
- Experience with any Incident & problem ticket application software a plus
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, with the ability to work in an altering, fast-paced environment
- Must have a helpful/friendly phone demeanor
- Ability to be flexible as business needs change
- Associates Degree, vocational or technical school degree
- 6+ years of experience
- Experience with AS/400 strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Job Schedulers