Senior Accountant Financial Reporting (SEC/GAAP)
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting assists in the financial (SEC) reporting for a publicly traded company. The position plays an integral role in the Company’s SOX (internal control) environment, ensuring procedures are adhered to and documentation is complete.
- Assists in the preparation of Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K filings.
- Manages SOX processes and updates internal controls; maintains Audit Board, the Company’s internal SOX software/tool.
- Partners closely with Internal Audit on SOX testing.
- Communicates with external auditors to assist with quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Reviews SOC-1 reports and documents the Company’s ability to rely on the related organizations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the Company, including Internal Audit, Legal, and FP&A.
- Assists and completes special projects as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting under US GAAP.
- Experience and strong understanding of internal controls.
- Strong project management and attention to detail.
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Fosters teamwork across the organization with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; CPA a plus.
- 4+ years of public accounting or related experience, preferably with retail and/or direct-to-consumer business.
- Experience with SEC Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K filings preferable, but not required.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.