Sales Audit Associate
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Sales Audit Associate will support the retail accounting functions, to include, weekly review of POS activity, store bank account & credit card reconciliations, and monthly sales and use tax filings.
- Reconciles bank accounts for retail locations
- Investigates over/short discrepancies
- Performs fraud investigations
- Completes adjusting entries to correct any identified transactional issues
- Reconciles credit card receivables
- Responds to store phone calls and requests
- Researches charge backs sent in by the credit card processing agents
- Prepares & files monthly sales & use tax filings
- Researches tax assessments and notices and respond accordingly
- Provides support for state and local audits
- Responds to miscellaneous requests by the retail group
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with stores to facilitate good communications regarding store level procedures.
- Works with confidential information
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with J Jill Associates.
- Retail accounting
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. - Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and restricted information
- Must be a deadline driven individual, able to adhere strictly to policies & procedures
- Must have strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years retail accounting related experience (accounting experience required)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.