Sales Audit Associate
Supports the retail accounting functions, to include, weekly review of POS activity, store bank account & credit card reconciliations, and monthly sales and use tax filings.
- Reconciles bank accounts for retail locations
- Investigates over/short discrepancies on a daily basis
- Performs fraud investigations
- Completes adjusting entries to correct any identified transactional issues
- Reconciles credit card receivables
- Responds to store phone calls and requests
- Obtains required merchant id’s and bank accounts to open new stores
- Researches charge backs sent in by the credit card processing agents
- Prepares & files monthly sales & use tax filings
- Researches tax assessments and notices and respond accordingly
- Provides support for state and local audits
- Responds to miscellaneous requests by the retail group
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with stores to facilitate good communications regarding store level procedures.
- Works with confidential information
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with J Jill Associates.
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. - Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential and restricted information
- Must be a deadline driven individual, able to adhere strictly to policies & procedures
- Must have strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field
- 1+ years retail accounting related experience (accounting experience required)