Director Infrastructure, Operations and Services
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The IT Director, Infrastructure Operations and Services reports to the VP of Information Systems (IS) and is responsible for defining and managing enterprise standards for hosting, cloud, networking, integration, collaboration, end user computing, network security, mobility, and IS operations. This position is responsible to collaborate cross-functionally, develop, and execute against disaster recovery and business continuity plans. As a member of the IS leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the J Jill IS strategy and ensures its alignment with the business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
The Director Infrastructure Operations and Services delivers information technology (IT) infrastructure services and manages technical infrastructure architecture for the company. Incorporates industry standard methodologies, best practices and adheres to rigorous repeatable processes. Measures and ensures secure services and quality around availability, reliability, throughput, and customer service.
- Creates and implements an IT infrastructure and cloud strategy designed to meet the current and future needs of the organization; integrating innovative solutions to control costs and provide a strategic advantage for the organization.
- Manages multiple technical platforms including iSeries, Linux, SQL Server, Windows, NOS, Unified Communications Systems, both on premise and in the Cloud.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports Service Level Targets / Key Performance Indicators (SLTs/KPIs)
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT Infrastructure and Architecture to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives and is within the overall IS budget.
- Leads, plans, and directs the organization’s overall IT systems infrastructure including Computer Operations, Telecommunications, WAN/LAN Services, Network Operations Center, Help Desk, Technical Services, Production Control and End User Services.
- Serves as the primary contact on IT industry directions and trends while recommending future architecture and technical needs for the IS investment portfolio.
- Aligns with and ensures Infrastructure and Operations Security and Compliance, including home office, DC and omnichannel security, PCI, SOX and US and International Privacy compliance.
- Ensures all design activities and the development of architecture and standards comply with established Data Center and Application availability, reliability, and serviceability goals as defined by the business.
- Handles escalation through executive level managers within partner and vendor organizations as required to resolve problems when service interruptions occur and ensure high availability.
- Instills discipline and operational excellence into the operations environment, adopting appropriate practices from frameworks such as ITIL and CMMi.
- Manages staff to include assigning, evaluating, and managing performance; coaching and mentoring; assessing skill levels and potential to train.
- Supports the Distribution Center with installation assistance, performance monitoring and tuning, to assure high availability and responsiveness.
- Simplifies and standardizes the IT infrastructure, Firewall, Storage, Load Balancer, Database and OS environments and build solutions to scale.
- Contributes to IT Strategy with vision as to continuous integration, migration cloud, microservices, analytics and automation, and regularly refresh realistic roadmap and plan.
- Conducts successful Disaster Recovery planning and testing activities for application and support systems to ensure business continuity in times of disruption.
- Owns key vendor relationships, ensuring accountability to established service levels.
- Coordinates preparation of annual budget and manage administration of expenses according to guidelines.
- Leads efforts to reduce capital and expense budgets with no impact to fulfilling service levels.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined organization including Computer Operations, Telecommunications, WAN/LAN Services, Network Operations Center, Help Desk, Technical Services, Production Control and End User Services
- Experienced in diverse technical platforms: iSeries, Linux, SQL Server, Windows, NOS, Unified Communications Systems, both on premise and in the Cloud.
- Ability to support entire organization currently including vendor managed hosting of SAP, server/storage, backup/restore, disaster recovery, phone systems, AV equipment, print/scan services, cloud hosting, VM, Office365, helpdesk, Cyber-Security,
- Review and negotiate hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts; and pursue master schedule agreements to capitalize on economies of scale where applicable.
- Knowledge of information technology disciplines, including application development, Internet and intranet hosting, internet application technologies, network infrastructure and operation, mainframe, databases, quality assurance and change control
- Communicates proactively to set and manage expectations in an outcome-based manner, has excellent written and oral communication skills, and actively listens to colleagues, management, and clients/customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or directly related field.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience in Infrastructure and Operations, including:
- Unified Communications
- Managing operations and support of multiple applications in a multi-platform environment.
- Systems management control function frameworks such as ITIL and CMMi.
- Security and Compliance
- Hybrid and cloud infrastructure, including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS
- Microservices and Containerization
- 10+ years of hands-on experience managing or overseeing the management of mid to large-scale information technology projects, including complex cross-functional and cross-organizational projects.
- Experience managing and implementing Cloud architectures using a DevOps/Agile methodology.
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and diverse leadership team and IT organization.
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget.
- Experience leading a complex technology staff and external resource management and planning.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Experience recommending new technology and processes that will improve customer service, reduce costs and/or provide a competitive advantage.
- Strong experience designing and architecting High Availability Systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.