Visual Market Merchandise Specialist (Northeast)
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Market Merchandising Specialist showcases visual merchandising skill and capability at the store leadership and District Manager level to deliver a consistent, branded emotional experience within their respective territory, consisting of highly visible opinion market stores. Provides a top store strategy, setting the pace for visual merchandising execution within their territory while consistently delivering our brand promise. In this role, you will focus on the most critical and highly visible stores within the northeast market and work collaboratively with store leadership teams to guide and execute elevated presentation strategies within your assigned territory. YOu will leverage the ability to effectively gain consensus and alignment with stakeholders by building relationships and collaborating with key business partners to impact overall business results and the in-store experience.
- Builds store leadership team’s visual merchandising skill and capability by leading floorset planning, execution, and sustainment, distortion of time in critical stores
- Conducts effective store visits and facilitate hands-on training workshops
- Partners with store leadership teams to influence merchandising, interpretation, and creativity while adhering to the current brand standards. Guides floorset sustainment and sell down decision making
- Builds bench strength through emerging talent development and external networking
- Develops, motivates, and inspires visual AOF (Area of Focus) in the assigned market
Builds the Brand
- Builds accountability with store leadership teams to understand and leverage visual merchandising to maximize overall business results, impact conversion, and customer experience
- Communicates seasonal strategy to field leadership; ability to influence decision making
- Leads critical floorsets with key business partners; provide time-sensitive feedback, insights, and solutions
- Tracks visual merchandising ideas to elevate the in-store environment through evolved merchandising techniques. Monitors success through both quantitative and qualitative learning insights, including photo recap
- Sets heightened expectations relating to all aspects of visual merchandising, including brand standards, within assigned stores
- Seeks out and shares competitive insights; builds ongoing knowledge of current industry trends to remain relevant
- Identifies store specific opportunities to use visual merchandising lever to drive results.
- Partners with field leadership to develop time-sensitive actions plans that will improve business.
- Understands how to read and analyze business results and apply learnings to assigned market, linking Visual Merchandising to overall business results and customer experience.
- Influences field leadership regarding floorset execution and decision making; reinforces the use of brand tools.
- Works collaboratively as part of the visual merchandising organization; provide feedback and insight on current and future floorsets, merchandising strategies, and brand guide tools.
- Coaches to improve merchandise flow standards and how they affect floorset execution, replenishment and recovery, and customer experience.
- Ability to facilitate practical visual merchandising training
- Excellent visual merchandising skills, including the ability to interpret brand direction including an innovative approach to merchandising and styling
- Ability to leverage computer skills; familiarity with Creative Suites preferred
- Ability to facilitate learning in both a store and class environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to influence, ideate, and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and remotely
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Approximately 70% travel required
- BA in Marketing, Design or Technical/Liberal Arts equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in Visual Merchandising or marketing, preferable with a leading fashion brand
- 1+ years retail management experience, including multi-store capacity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.