Visual Graphics & Communications Specialist
The Visual Graphics & Communications specialist is responsible for the development, writing, editing, design layout and production of all visual directives. This includes, but not limited to Basic Standards Guide, monthly Visual Merchandising Guide, the production of the monthly lease lines and window presentations, setting the product, photographing the set-up, formatting the document and weekly visual updates. In addition to written communication, this role will assist the Visual Team in setting and styling product in the mock store studio.
- Partners with Visual team to craft written communication to stores regarding merchandising and presentations directives in a clear, concise format.
- Creates Monthly Visual Merchandising Guide -Assist Visual Team in all aspects of setting product in mock store studio. Photographs, inputs text, formats, proof-read and edits the Monthly Visual Guide.
- Produces monthly window scenarios for the chain as well as flag ship and specialty stores. These will be added to the Visual Merchandising Guide which is the corporate communication to the stores on how to set and style product in windows and the interior. This includes photographing in mock studio and local store, inputting text, graphics and photos and formatting documenting.
- Produces weekly visual updates with partnership of the Visual Merchandising team.
- Collaborates with visual team throughout process to ensure accuracy and meet execution within deadline.
- Assists with setting up the visual mock store studio windows. This includes gathering and inventorying the samples, steaming, and styling the product on mannequins. Photographs and documents the set-up.
- Graphically supports the visual team in the process to present creative concepts, window elevations and special projects.
- Produces presentation boards to illustrate ideas for various visual initiatives.
- Gathers relevant information for the Basic Standards Guide from Field Visual & Visual Team, edits content and illustrations as required ensuring the most up to date information is available to store teams.
- Works proactively to problem solve and trouble shoot to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Technical-fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Creative Suite for preparation and layout of presentation, graphic and creative documents and other illustrated materials
- Extensive written communication skills
- Understanding of how and where to access information and assets from corporate marketing and merchants
- Ability to work both collaboratively in team environment and autonomously as applicable
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects, competing deadlines and priorities
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years Graphic Design experience
- Retail and Visual Merchandising experience preferred
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation