The Transportation Coordinator interfaces with forwarders to schedule and maintain import bookings on the forwarder web sites. Coordinates with carriers to schedule inbound merchandise deliveries of FCL, LCL, and Air shipments to the Distribution Center. Works with the import department in the administration & maintenance of inbound volume reports and issuance of reports on a daily basis. Work in accordance with/in adherence to all company safety policies and procedures a must.
- Administers daily import bookings in freight forwarder system to ensure merchandise is booked in a timely manner to meet company delivery timelines. Assists in resolving discrepancies that occur with bookings and provides guidance to forwarders with resolution.
- Maintains inbound reports and their daily issuance to internal and external customers. Updates inbound reports daily with the most current information regarding delivery of merchandise to the Distribution Center for all company divisions. Interface with forwarders, brokers, carriers, to gain the most current delivery information.
- Coordinates with Import Manager to provide timely information to business partners on delayed shipments as well as timing and action plans for resolution.
- Communicates with inbound carriers to ensure that all inbound loads are delivered as expediently as possible to meet company goals and deadlines. Monitors and reports carrier performance to Import Manager. Coordinates priority of inbound deliveries between DC Receiving Supervisor and carriers.
- Audits forwarder, broker, and carrier bills for accuracy and forwards for approval.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- Must have good computer skills and have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be a self-starter that can work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize work based on company criteria.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work with both internal and external customers to accomplish goals.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work through obstacles to produce desired results.
- Must work well under pressure and ever changing priorities.
- 3+ years of import logistics and domestic transportation experience.
- Associate, degree preferred.
- 1+ years of Distribution Center experience a plus.