Interfaces with forwarders to schedule and maintain import bookings on the forwarder web sites. Schedules carriers for inbound merchandise deliveries of FCL, LCL, and Air shipments to the Distribution Center. Partners with the Department Manager in the administration & maintenance of inbound volume reports and issuance of reports on a daily basis. Performs all work in accordance with / in adherence to all company safety policies.
- Administers daily import bookings in freight forwarder system to ensure merchandise is booked in a timely manner to meet company delivery timelines. Reviews and analyzes discrepancies that occur with bookings and provides guidance to forwarders on timely resolution.
- Maintains inbound reports and their daily issuance to internal and external customers. Updates inbound reports daily with the most current information regarding delivery of merchandise to the Distribution Center for all company divisions. Interfaces with forwarders, brokers, carriers, to gain the most current delivery information.
- Coordinates with Logistics Manager to provide timely information to business partners on delayed shipments as well as timing and action plans for resolution.
- Monitors and reports Dray Carrier performance to Logistics Manager.
- Works with outbound truckload carrier(s) to coordinate truckload delivery to new stores. Supports Tilton Receiving Supervisor on non-merchandise moves to and from stores and the DC.
- Audits forwarder, broker, and carrier bills for accuracy and forwards for approval.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- Possesses good computer skills; advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Is a self-starter that can work independently
- Able to prioritize work based on company criteria
- Has good communication skills
- Able to work with both internal and external customers to accomplish goals
- Is detail-oriented
- Able to work through obstacles to produce desired results
- Works well under pressure and changing priorities
- 2+ years of import logistics and domestic transportation experience.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 1+ years of Distribution Center experience