Transitions product development from Design concept to fit approvals and final specs. The primary Manages the technical fit and construction of product, ensuring consistency with design character and brand standards. Collaborates closely with design, and product development, to achieve company objectives.
- Collaborates closely with business partners for accurate interpretation of design vision, fit intent, and quality requirements
- Establishes fit consistency across product offering through development and adherence to block pattern standards.
- Evaluates garments for fit intent, compliance to spec and construction standards.
- Provides accurate, complete, and concise comments using flat sketches, digital photos, written, and verbal communication to enable vendors to properly execute samples
- Leads and conducts fit sessions on live models and dress forms
- Creates and fosters a positive, open environment internally and with our external business partners.
- Partners with cross functional team members to maintain deadlines and resolve issues
- Identifies potential issues early in the process.
- Approves and issues technical specs
- Extensive expertise in fit, patternmaking, construction methods, technical drawing, spec writing, measuring, grading, and manufacturing operations.
- Creativity and an approach to Technical Design with a Designer eye.
- Ability to clearly communicate fit corrections and requirements in house and worldwide.
- Ability to influence effectively and positively
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to enforce company standards and expectations
- Ability to mentor and willingness to share knowledge with others
- Strong computer skills - Excel, Word, Illustrator, PLM, Outlook. Gerber/Lectra a big plus
- In factory experience an added benefit
- Strong pattern making skills needed to create and develop block pattern
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building with an enthusiastic demeanor
- Anticipate issues in advance with resolutions in place
- Decision making and risk assessment abilities with supportive reasoning
- Results oriented
- Ability to create and follow through on action plans
- Ability to positively influence and encourage others
- Apparel degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience in apparel Technical Design, including pattern making, construction, and knowledge of timelines
- Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from concept to fit approval
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, product lifestyle programs, spec graphics programs