J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Manages color, yarn dye, print and garment dye evaluations and approval process. Ensures color submittals adhere to J.Jill standards. Follows established guidelines and standards regarding color correctness.
- Manages daily vendor communication and prioritizes color evaluations to ensure on time and accurate production color approvals.
- Evaluates color submittals for consistency to the standard, utilizing the spectrophotometer and the light box.
- Manages the Spectrophotometer digital color library.
- Follows established performance guidelines and standards for suppliers and mills regarding color correctness.
- Makes “Commercial Acceptability” decisions, as necessary, by coordinating reviews with Design, Product Development, Quality Assurance and Sourcing.
- Monitors vendor submission T&A to ensure on time color approval for lab dipping, strike off and handloom from line adoption stage through bulk shade band.
- Attends weekly departmental line in progress meetings for all departments. Responsible for Color status updates within the cross functional team.
- Stays current on all new technology to improve the accuracy and consistency of color results.
- Proficient in color theory analysis and evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of the established industry color evaluation testing procedures and practices.
- Expertise with multiple types of textiles and print techniques.
- Strong computer skills- Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of PLM and Photoshop is a plus.
- Problem solving abilities and trouble shooting skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, hard-working, team player who enjoys a fast-paced fashion environment.
- 3+ years of color evaluation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in textile design.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.