Senior Manager Compensation & HR Analytics
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Sr. Manager, Compensation and HR Analytics is responsible for the Company’s development, implementation, and management of compensation and HR analytics program strategy and execution that support the company’s business objectives and talent strategy. The incumbent functions as a subject matter expert, ensuring pay practices are understood and effective while creating analytics and insights that support the talent strategy while partnering with HR and other constituents to effectively rollout initiatives. The position is also responsible for developing compensation-related employee communication and education programs and staying abreast of best practices and developments in applicable laws related to compensation. The position reports to the Senior Director, Total Rewards and is a high impact role within the company.
- Leads development of pay structures, salary ranges and maintenance of jobs structure.
- Provides guidance to internal business managers and HR partners on compensation matters.
- Develops and manages annual compensation programs, including salary, wage and merit administration, equity administration, benchmarking reviews and incentive accruals in partnership with finance.
- Performs internal and external competitive market pay research, analysis, job classification, pay practices and pay delivery models.
- Assist in preparation of materials for the compensation committee of the board of directors and provides support with regulatory filings and annual proxy preparation
- Develops meaningful HR analytics and delivers fact-based insights to HR and business leaders to enhance the company’s talent strategy.
- Administers equity and cash-based long-term and short incentive programs and ensures accuracy of equity management systems.
- Manages and administers annual merit, bonus, and equity process, including developing enhancements to the program, creating analytics, providing assistance to managers, and collaborating with HR Partners.
- Administers all compensation surveys and research new sources for external data collection. Performs custom surveys as needed.
- Develop training and educational tools to communicate compensation philosophy, guidelines, and tools available.
- Demonstrated strong financial, data analysis, problem solving and storytelling skills
- Experience with relevant compensation, financial and compensation related regulations
- Experience with compensation design and analysis in a similar work environment handling a broad range of tasks in support of business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact successfully with all management levels
- Strong organization skills with detail orientation and proven project management capabilities including the capability of managing multiple key projects simultaneously
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong service orientation and business partner
- Workday or other strong HRIS systems knowledge
- Knowledge of HR processes (e.g., Performance Management, Merit Planning, Goal Setting)
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and outstanding analytical skills a must
- Exceptional results orientation with a high degree of personal initiative and very hands on, flexible and customer centric attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree (CCP Certification a plus)
- 7+ years of progressively more responsible experience managing compensation programs
- Publicly traded retail industry experience strongly preferred
- Organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment are needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.