Senior Manager Retail Systems
The Senior Manager of Retail Systems – OMNI Channel Selling and Fulfillment is responsible for all in-store systems and OMNI-Channel services for the J.Jill Retail Channel. This includes all Store Hardware, Software provisioning and support, Point-of-Service, Clienteling, Concierge, integration with eCommerce and all back office applications. This role is positioned as the primary contact for all technology that runs in our stores and in support of our stores. Plays a key role in J.Jill’s POS and OMNI transformation by modernizing technologies and processes for our Retail division.
- Successfully leads a cross functional team in vendor selection, planning, development, configuration, and integration of new POS OMNI Selling and Fulfillment technology platforms.
- Serves as first point of contact for the Store Operations Management team and the Field Management team
- Works closely with Store Operations, Regional Directors, and District Managers on the future strategy of systems supporting the Retail Channel.
- Leads a regularly scheduled operational meeting with Store Operations and Field Management to track, monitor, and control the list of project requests – active and in queue.
- Always provides clear and timely communication to Store Operations and Field Management of all IS activities that affect the Store and its associates.
- Manages a team of technical specialists and system analysts in the delivery of new store openings, store remodeling, new projects and the day-to-day support of existing systems.
- Owns Project Management; thoughtfully plans and manages projects so they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Leads Retail Systems – OMNI Selling and Fulfillment architecture by partnering closely with eCommerce and Supply Chain leaders to ensure technology and processes are developed for scale, properly tested and maintained. Maintains a good working relationship with all of our retail vendors, including but not limited to Oracle/Micros Retail, VeriFone, Dell, Certified, Windstream, NET, and Software Integration Partners. Actively manages vendor relationships to ensure we are getting the best possible resources and that they are staying on task and on schedule with our projects.
- Leads the development and execution of the Retail Systems - OMNI Selling and Fulfillment strategic roadmap.
- Works closely with the Help Desk Services team to understand the challenges that exist in our stores and help them to develop standard processes and procedures and communications in pursuit of excellent service.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance and Project Implementation teams to ensure systems are being properly designed and thoroughly tested.
- Works closely with Information Security on projects that ensure PCI compliance.
- Works with other business groups, such as Real Estate, Marketing, Human Resources, Loss Prevention, etc. to collect and prioritize enhancements to store systems that serve the interests of said groups.
- Works with Real Estate, Store Operations, and IS cross-functional teams to plan and execute new store openings, remodels and relocation from a technology services standpoint.
- Works with the Human Resources, Learning and Development teams to ensure effective implementation of all new systems equipment and software in stores.
- Keeps informed of new developments in technology that support Retail stores.
- Proposes future system enhancements and priorities, and follows through on recommendations.
- Ensures delivery of all support/uptime of technology systems including but not limited to Traffic Counters, Store Devices, POS (Controller and Register), in-store networking and telecom.
- Implementation experience selecting and implementing OMNI-Channel Retail Technology with strong integration with eCommerce and backend systems.
- Large scale technical project leadership including design, integration, security, testing and implementation experience.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with vendors to ensure J Jill gets the most value from product and services.
- Influencing, leading, and delegating abilities
- Ability to initiate/manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizing – Organizational abilities
- Results oriented: Ability to achieve the target within given time
- Negotiating skills
- Adept at conflict resolution
- Adaptability – Efficient under pressure, working towards a resolution.
- Knowledge of Retail Systems
- Knowledge of Networks a plus
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security (PCI DSS) a plus
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
- 8+ years of relevant knowledge and leadership experience with retails systems
- 5+ years implementing OMNI technology and processes
- Experience working in the Retail Industry, preferably specialty retail
- Moderate travel required