Senior Manager Merchandising & PLM Systems
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Manages systems and services in support of the PLM, Merchandising, Inventory Management and Allocation teams. Manages customer relationships as primary technology partner for J.Jill Product Design, Planning and Allocation, Product Development, Merchandising, and Sourcing teams. Plays a key role in collaborating with diverse business partners to analyze and solve complex business problems. Participates in key system implementation projects from concept thru inception and delivery. Collaborates on technical solutions to meet business needs including forecasting for resources and budgets. Leads internal and vendor technical resources on behalf of business to ensure our requirements are met to support existing systems and to deliver new projects.
- Leads the team responsible for maintaining the Core Merchandising system and supports the business teams that depend on it, such as Creative, Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning and Allocation, Inventory Control, and Finance.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships; works closely with the Managers and Directors of the Merchandising, Planning, and Finance teams, Allocation, Product Development, Design, Sourcing and Strategic Planning groups.
- Leads a regularly scheduled Program Management meeting with leaders from the business areas supported to track, maintain, and discuss the list of project requests – active and in queue.
- Develops a detailed understanding on the business, and all processes that affect business clients.
- Provides clear and timely communication to business leaders/partners of all pertinent events that affect your business partners and keep them apprised of project status.
- Ensures that new systems and changes are properly tested – develops and maintains a superior test plan.
- Works with the business and other IS departments to:
- Deliver solutions that are on-time, within-budget, and align with company and industry standards and strategies
- Consider issues/solutions related to integration, security, and data quality
- Provide governance oversight for troubleshooting complex problems
- Ensure creation of solution architecture, technical and strategy documents to articulate the solution, drive implementation and testing, and consider impact, mitigation of risk and rollback
- Maintains a good working relationship with all of our software vendors. Manages vendor relationships to ensure we are getting the best possible resources and that they are staying on task and on schedule with our projects.
- Works closely with the Supervisor of Service Desk to understand the challenges that affect your business clients and help them to develop standard process and procedure and communications in pursuit of excellent service.
- Works with the Director of Information Security and Compliance to understand data security requirements and related processes.
- Stays informed of new developments in technology that support Retail and propose future system enhancements and priorities and follow through on recommendations.
- Supports and adheres to all IS department process and procedure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of product life cycle for apparel and/or footwear retailer
- Knowledge and capability with Core ERP or Merchandising System like Oracle MoM or SAP.
- Knowledge and capability with Blue Yonder Planning and Allocation systems.
- Knowledge and capability with Yunique PLM or similar, Accumark, and/or CAD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, MIS, or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management; formal training preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.