Senior Manager Financial Reporting
This position is responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial statements consistent with “best-in-class” standards of public companies and all applicable regulations. This includes developing and maintaining financial policies and procedures that support financial reporting. In addition, this role will oversee the treatment of equity accounting and compensation. He or she will have the capability to comprehend complex processes.
- Assists in managing financial reporting to stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, investors, banks and rating agencies. Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with applicable accounting standards and regulations.
- Provides accurate reporting and SEC filings such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K.
- Drives continuous improvement and standardization in reporting. Understand key business operating metrics and measure performance to the established metrics.
- Prepares reports for stock compensation accounting.
- Researches emerging issues, pronouncements and practices in accounting and financial reporting and recommend actions for implementation.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Performs special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Assists in preparation of Company releases and related matters.
- Assists with the month-end close process.
- Manages the quarterly review and annual audit with external auditors.
- Maintains SOX compliance, including managing the relationship with Internal Audit.
- Manages up-to three direct reports including the accounting manager, fixed asset accountant and senior accountant.
- Partners with business leaders, accounting and FP&A colleagues to identify and implement improvements in financial process.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with ActiveDislosure or wDesk filing software.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Management and mentorship skills for multiple direct reports
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Global thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the organization, and achieves consensus; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions and work in a collaborative style.
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues.
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; CPA.
- 8+ years of related, progressive experience in financial reporting in a large corporation, preferably in a retail and/or direct-to-consumer business.
- Proficiency in financial accounting and being an influential business partner.