Senior Manager Enterprise Architecture & Integration
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture & Integration is the principal architect for the organization. This role provides leadership and influences integration and applications specialists across the department, and leads the Architecture Review Board (ARB), Enterprise Integration, and DBA teams. This leader focuses on building an Agile / DevOps practice to help the business benefit from the principles of continuous integration/deployment. This leader applies strong expertise in building and maintaining the middleware utilizing micro-services technology. This leader implements leading practices to ensure the database portfolio and enterprise integration layer is stable, secure, and scalable to enable new OMNI-Channel capabilities.
- Partners with IS leadership, including Enterprise Architecture, to ensure modern scalable integration design.
- Continues to refine integration methodology and supporting data model, to ensure new integration efforts are performed consistently and that the growing integration footprint is documented and supported.
- Oversees multiple projects within the department and adheres to architectural and development principals.
- Ensures adherence with code management practices to guarantee that the diverse and distributed integration code base is kept secure, stable, and aligned with project and environmental needs.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to integration developers, including reviewing code to ensure alignment with internal standards and conventions, ensuring tasks are completing on time, and reporting status to upper management as well as
- Provides technical designs and specifications based on high level business requirements.
- Identifies and applies integration patterns while making sure that key factors, such as performance, availability and scalability are considered.
- Partners with IS leaders on the use of new and emerging integration and data virtualization technologies, data models, and data governance.
- Aligns closely with business partners and translates business requirements into technical solutions.
- Analyzes a problem in multiple dimensions, from business rules to complex technical processes as it applies to an individual area or the entire ecosystem.
- Understands complex business problems and supports the solutions for such problems.
- Uses C# and the .Net framework to build and deploy web services to facilitate integration between operational systems.
- Comprehends REST API concepts and coding.
- Uses RDBMS and the SQL query language to create new database objects as needed, including Tables, Views and Stored Procedures.
- Understands and leverages best-practice techniques to ensure quality development within a BizTalk, SQL, and C#.NET Integration environment.
- Working knowledge of business functional areas:
- Point of Sale
- eCommerce - Direct to Consumer
- Merchandise Management
- Supply Chain and business support systems
- Corporate Systems including Finance and HR
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (ODS/EDW environments)
- Knowledge and capability in relevant technology:
- Hybrid cloud and on-prem integration, performance measurement and management
- BizTalk or other message-based integration platforms
- XML, XSD, JSON technologies
- Sentinet and/or other API Management Tools
- Web-Services and SOA
- SQL Server (2005 - 2018)
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
- Oracle (9i/10g/11g/12c) and PL/SQL.
- Database development using T-SQL; complex set-based query development for use in stored procedures and views.
- Database design; logical and physical models, normalized and dimensional models.
- Database support; investigating data anomalies, identifying offending records when referential integrity is violated.
- C# and the .Net Framework, included but not limited to LINQ and Entity Framework.
- Multi-cloud (e.g.: AWS, MS Azure) integration, performance, monitoring, and governance
- Professional and administrative skills:
- Ad-Hoc data analysis and research.
- Unit, functional and user-acceptance testing.
- Data validation.
- Software Development Life Cycle.
- Abstract critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can assist others in investigate issues.
- Collaborative skills.
- Quality focused and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional).
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in application or data integration
- 3+ years of BizTalk Integration experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.