Senior Manager Ecommerce Systems
Manages team of developers which provide site enhancements and support of the company’s burgeoning Ecommerce Channel. Managing this channel requires a diligent, organized and self-disciplined technical manager that can effectively lead a team of talented software developers and provide on-time delivery of planned site releases. Strong ability to effectively manage incoming incidents and requests from various external teams is imperative.
Works closely with the Enterprise Integration and Data Services teams, as well as other application development teams and a diverse cross section of functional business partners.
Provides analytical dashboards for reporting the health monitoring of the channel, as well as, the ongoing progress of the Software Development Life Cycle. He/she will play a key role in collaborating with diverse business partners to plan feature deliverables, as well as analyze and solve complex business problems on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ensures constant accuracy, availability, and reliability of the J. Jill ecommerce website.
- Manages the development and deployment of WebSphere Commerce and contributes to the overall architecture of the Ecommerce Landscape.
- Drives continual site performance initiatives
- Manages site health monitoring and resolution
- Allocates resources and supervises direct reports.
- Hires, develops, and motivates assigned staff.
- Cultivates, disseminates, and enforces departmental policies and procedures, e.g. PMO, Change Management, Issue Management.
- Preaches and practices behaviors that ensure quality. Partners with QA team to deliver quality releases. Ensures the delivery of high quality development code by building and enforcing guidelines and best practices. Performs periodic code reviews to ensure standards are being maintained. Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring as it relates to all development practices.
- Knows in detail the content and potential impact of future releases, short and long term, across all Omni-Channel initiatives.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications and system effectiveness and efficiency, and then develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Researches and makes recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assesses and cultivates long-term strategic goals for IT area of responsibility in conjunction with department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Works in business facing roles to contribute throughout the end to end delivery lifecycle of complex and large-scale technology solutions.
- Leads and manages on-shore, near shore, and off-shore development teams and vendors.
- Manages team of ecommerce developers, balancing demands of daily support with needs of strategic projects.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the ecommerce teams projects stay aligned with the needs of the business.
- Communicates to upper management in the event of an impact to the business.
- Participates and leads a weekly 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Working knowledge of business functional areas:
- Omni-Channel Business Processes
- Site Traffic and Conversion
- Planning and forecasting
- Customer behavior
- Point of Sale
- Direct to Consumer
- Merchandise Management
- Supply Chain and business support systems
- Knowledge and capability in relevant technology
- Extensive experience working with Enterprise Ecommerce systems (WebSphere Commerce required, ATG, Magento, DemandWare)
- Extensive experience in managing a Java based development team
- Expertise with OMS and ERP Retail management systems and processes
- Strong knowledge in log aggregation and monitoring software (i.e. Splunk, New Relic, Tealeaf, Uptrends)
- Strong knowledge with Performance tools (i.e. Jmeter, Dynatrace, Load Runner, Load Complete)
- Professional and administrative skills;Time and resource management
- Project management
- Resource planning
- Ad-Hoc data analysis and research
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Abstract thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to persevere through ambiguity and work independently
- Collaborative skills
- Quality and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Technical, Functional, Cross-functional)
- Process-oriented approach to analysis and design
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities while working in a varied, fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science (or other related field) required
- 5+ years software development experience required
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams required
- 8+ years’ experience of progressive experience in Enterprise ecommerce platforms and tools (IBM WebSphere Commerce products, ATG, Hybris, Demandware) is required
- 5+ years’ experience working within an Agile and Hybrid software development life cycle preferred
- 3+ years’ experience managing off-shore development teams preferred