Senior IS Project Manager
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior IS Project Manager delivers IT projects using accepted processes and methods. In this role you will manage all phases of the project lifecycle, including initialization, building the business case and budget, resource planning, risk management and managing stakeholder expectations. You will oversee large projects or multiple medium to small size projects across different lines of business and application platforms, including eCommerce, Retail POS, and backend technologies. In this role you will lead cross-functional teams, manage vendor responsibilities, ensure effective communications, monitor, and control execution of the project plan. The Senior IS Project Manager works closely with the business and technical sponsors to achieve the project business case on time and within budget, and participates in PMO operations, including portfolio management.
- Creates and manages project and resource plans. Negotiates with multiple department managers for appropriate staffing to support the project. Delegates the appropriate tasks and responsibilities to other project participants.
- Complies with J Jill’s software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and controls. Manages all phases of the SDLC process and participating in project audits.
- Works with cross enterprise business units to accomplish work, forging the necessary relationships to be effective. Facilitates open and honest communication among team members and works with the IS teams to deliver on the project goals and to meet success metrics.
- Manages multiple vendor partners, particularly solution integrators, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Owns and executes project communications including kick-off, regular project status updates and meetings, and changes to project scope, timelines, and budgets. Sets and manages project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies, deliverables, and critical path.
- Identifies and escalates risks and issues appropriately. Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and develops / test contingency plans.
- Conducts post project review to influence continuous improvement for technical project delivery.
- Ensures that all tasks and close-out steps are completed successfully on the project.
- Strong project management skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of successful tools and techniques for successful project delivery.
- Strong analytical skills and data-supported decision making.
- Ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment.
- Make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems, advocate for same, and manage the implementation through to acceptance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working closely with business stakeholders, and vendor management
- Strong understanding and experience with total cost of ownership, resource forecasting and program/project budget management.
- A skilled communicator with strong verbal, written, and facilitation skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technology quickly
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, and to translate non-technical requirements to a technical audience.
- Significant knowledge of project management processes, methods, and standards.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills required.
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment.
- Skills include strong business acumen and strategic thinking to complement strong tactical execution skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent.
- PMP certification is highly desirable.
- 8+ years information systems management experience, including at least five years IS project management experience.
- Proven track record for delivering information technology projects for internal and externally developed applications as well as packaged applications. Experience with eCommerce and Retail Technology is highly desired.
- Experience managing a matrix team consisting of associates, contractors, and vendors with various skills and disciplines.
- Experience in Retail organizations is highly desirable
- Experience executing projects using different project methods (e.g. agile, waterfall, scrum, kanban, lean, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.