Senior Inventory Forecasting Analyst
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Provides analytical support to Planning through analysis and forecasting of inventory ownership to influence and inform Planning of inventory position. Supports the activity related to the control of the inventory and ensures data integrity in the planning & merchandising systems. Partners with merchandising and planning teams to provide analytical support with reporting and analysis.
- Builds pre-season and in-season forecasting of financial metrics by channel
- Partners with Pricing/Promotion team to support forecasting markdowns and inventory movement from full price to markdown
- Supports forecasts of monthly in-season MBR (Monthly Business Review) materials
- Creates analysis to understand channel performance for leadership
- Provides Backorder reporting and analysis on a weekly basis
- Prepares analysis on inventory ownership by full price/markdown and delivery code for Planning team
- Prepares delivery sell thru data weekly
- Conducts ADHOC analysis to drive improved inventory management
- Partners with Planning Managers and Head of Merchandise Planning to provide supportive analysis on inventory movement
- Proven Forecasting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel skills
- Highly organized
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of experience in retail, preferably in the Merchandising and/or Planning & Allocation field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.