Senior Ecommerce Developer Java
Senior Ecommerce Developer position on the internal Web Development team responsible for a fast growing E-Commerce site built on the IBM WebSphere Commerce-on-Cloud platform. Responsible for building and maintaining internal and external Web-facing applications, the senior developer will be working with a team of experienced developers and business resources in order to build enterprise systems that support business objectives.
- Leads development efforts on the J.Jill IBM WebSphere Commerce-on-Cloud platform.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on business partner requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Interacts with business partners to understand and document requirements.
- Instructs and reviews the work of other software developers on the development team.
- Responsible for source code stability, code reviews and administration of source control.
- Reports directly to the Senior Manager of Ecommerce Systems on the status and progress of development work.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience utilizing the Spring framework.
- Experience utilizing and/or administering IBM DB2.
- Source control administration experience, preferably GIT.
- Proficiency in use of Eclipse-based workbench and/or IBM Rational Application Developer.
- Strong knowledge of web performance tuning and maintenance techniques.
- Experience utilizing and/or administering application and web tier systems (e.g. WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server).
- Web service experience (XML/SOAP/REST).
- Knowledge of cloud-based system architecture design.
- 8+ years of development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience building, supporting enterprise services.
- Ecommerce experience a plus.