Senior Director Talent Acquisition and Operations
Acts as strategic business partner to the organization and leads the overall talent acquisition strategy and develops and manages all recruiting initiatives, sourcing strategies and tools, programs and practices, reporting, metrics and technology utilization to acquire the best talent for J. Jill. Leads all aspects of talent acquisition, including related talent systems, to deliver a best in class candidate experience with consistent and efficient recruitment practices across all locations. Implements talent acquisition strategies that are scalable and recognize the diversity of the organization's staffing needs, and other key talent acquisition activities including: employment brand messaging, internal career strategies, college recruitment, pipeline development, vendor management, outsourcing, pre-employment processes, relocation and immigration. Overall responsibility for Talent Acquisition for all locations and will manage all aspects of workforce planning, recruitment and hiring KPI’s and budget management with emphasis on process improvement/efficiencies in headcount reporting, hiring metrics and best practice implementation.
- Establish and implement disciplined processes for full cycle recruitment from point of identification of staffing needs to the successful onboarding of new hires to J. Jill in all locations. This includes implementing, managing and reporting on SLA’s for recruitment.
- Develop strategies for the communication of the employment brand message. Identify and implement methods to effectively communicate the brand message to attract top talent, including website management, social media management and alignment of metrics.
- Develop hiring strategies and outreach programs that will enable J. Jill to fill critical roles and identify key hiring sources that will result in a strong pipeline. Serves as lead recruiter on key functional searches.
- Leverage metrics to continuously evaluate and identify improvements and opportunities aligned with business and TA strategies. Analyze trends and metrics to proactively understand each functions talent needs and align creative and innovative recruiting strategies. Provide direction and consultation to senior leaders on strategic and emerging staffing trends and workforce metrics to deliver top talent across all of business functions and channels.
- Build tools, audit processes and ensure capabilities to meet all internal and external reporting requirements as well as data accuracy needs across all locations.
- Research new recruiting resources and methods to drive high quality and cost-efficient ways to hire top talent.
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement training to ensure all appropriate associates are well prepared and performing successfully in Talent Acquisition and that they understand all associated compliance requirements.
- Maintain current staffing and recruiting knowledge including, but not limited to, systems, tools, resources, events, market and industry trends; share knowledge with team ensuring that the organization is ahead of sourcing/identifying and hiring top quality talent.
- Foster a collaborative and aligned team culture across all locations sharing best practices, high standards, productivity and continuous improvement methods.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with external recruiting, relocation, and other talent acquisition related vendors. Cultivate and facilitate external partnerships including search firms, college relations and relevant pipeline channels.
- Ensure recruitment methodologies and hiring practices follow government regulations and organizational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate and fair selection, assessment, pre-screening, and post-employment methodology. Effectively manage associate data according to privacy laws and audit requirements.
- Exhibits a strong, highly collaborative working style, builds strong relationships and has a willingness to roll-up sleeves and address tactics and execution as needed.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Experience in developing and implementing new recruitment processes
- Strong analytical and systems skills; familiarity with applicant tracking, talent and HR systems, third party career websites, online/web-based search engines and staffing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage resources and economies of scale for the benefit of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and credibility as leader in influencing change, excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required with advanced degree preferred.
- 15 years of progressive responsibility in Human Resources with experience leading talent acquisition within a fast-paced retail environment.