Senior Director Sourcing
This key role manages global sourcing strategies and activities designed to ensure timely delivery of product to our stores at the right price and quality level while protecting design intent and brand aesthetic.
Responsibilities include leading a team of sourcing specialists, developing and managing supplier relationships, negotiating with outside vendors to ensure appropriate pricing and factory capacity, as well as collaborating internally with Merchandising and Planning Divisions to ensure quality and timely product is executed to support our business.
In the accessories areas, this role leads a group of product development/Sourcing managers who in addition to managing the sourcing manufacturing, manage the product development cycle by working closely with design and merchant to develop commercially viable product meeting the requirements of the brand in all areas.
- Develops and finalizes the sourcing plan thru partnership with the VP of Sourcing ensuring considerations for aesthetic intent, factory capacity and capabilities and costing.
- Oversees planning, logistics, placement, and administrative functions for production execution including issue resolution for delivery and/or production issues.
- Sets strategies and priorities for sourcing teams and manages day to day activities.
- Partners with Development Team for costing and works to achieve resolution with Design, Product Management, and Merchandising.
- Develops and implements strategies to reduce lead-times on key programs.
- Leads seasonal calendar and timing and action activities, and communicates to C.F.T.
- Validates and manages capacity plans.
- Directs timely disposition of liabilities
- Projects key fabrics and leads the management of the placement and projection activities to prevent undue risk of liability and ability to leverage cost and speed for chase
- Directs, communicates, and executes the costing strategy for woven and accessories departments.
- Leads and facilitates strong cross functional synergy and collaboration with Design, Tech, Color, Product development, Merchandising, and Planning.
- Proven track record of managing and mentoring a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Team Collaboration skills and a high degree of personal integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must have extensive experience traveling to apparel and accessories factories
- 12+ plus years of related sourcing experience, preferably in apparel and accessories