Senior Director, Investor Relations
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Provides strategic direction and hands-on leadership to develop, implement and manage a comprehensive global investor relations program that effectively communicates the Company’s investment thesis to investor audiences. Acts as a primary day-to-day Investor Relations contact and represents the company at external meetings and presentations.
Responsible for innovating and implementing across all elements of the IR strategy and operations, actively participates in earnings preparation and investor conferences and meetings. Includes communicating strategic and financial performance with external stakeholders; presenting investor insights, competitive intelligence, and analysis to our executive team and internal network; and preparing informational and messaging materials for senior stakeholders.
- Works closely with senior management and business partners across the organization to provide clear communication demonstrating consistent execution against investor expectations. Focuses on providing innovation and leadership across each dimension.
- Co-creates and evolves strategic investor communications, with an emphasis on communication of the company’s strategic priorities and value-generating initiatives.
- Co-authors quarterly results press release and management conference call commentary, with coordination across functions and geographies to prepare key messages and background materials.
- Participates in investor conferences and roadshows to discuss industry dynamics, company strategy, and financial modeling.
- Drives shareholder targeting to identify opportunities and organizes outreach.
- Serves as a key point of contact for current and targeted investors and analysts, builds and maintains a productive dialogue to promote a better understanding of the company’s value proposition.
- Analyzes sell-side models and addressing gaps in analyst understanding.
- Accelerates the feedback loop, conveying external insights, competitive intelligence, and investor/analyst messages to relevant internal parties including senior management.
- Helps to build the company’s positioning with ESG-focused investors.
- Manages IR company website and related content.
- Manages vendor relationships and optimizes IR productivity, with benchmarking and networking opportunities through industry associations.
- Provides mentorship to cross functional team members.
- Excellent communication skills including experience developing Executive messages, preparing business presentations and writing.
- Experience with financial modeling and accounting, with prior role(s) in corporate finance functions and/or sell – or buy-side experience.
- Experience and prior success in collaborative, cross-functional roles.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Sharp attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Curiosity and managerial courage.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance or Accounting. MBA/Masters preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.