Senior Director E-Commerce Technology
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Collaborates with cross-functional business partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce technology platform including, web technologies, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, customer service, and web analytics. Manages the implementation and operation of all customer facing web and digital properties deployed at J. Jill. Ensures the integrity, availability, and security for all web and digital systems. Works closely with divisional leaders to understand short and long-term business goals, and collaborates on plans to achieve those goals by delivering leading-edge E-Commerce systems. Understands the importance of the Customer Experience and focuses on quality of user design, technical design, quality assurance of testing, and high availability. Understands and delivers on the Omni-channel experience goals of the company.
- Serves as a liaison and primary point of contact within the IT eCommerce organization for cross functional partners to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test eCommerce initiatives
- Participates in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the eCommerce strategy
- Manages the technical user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- Manages all technical aspects of web analytics related to the eCommerce platform and 3rd party integrations.
- Builds and directs a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop eCommerce solutions
- Provides IT leadership of large eCommerce projects
- Provides expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consults on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated
- Leads a team in the development, implementation, and support of the company website and all digital commerce applications.
- Oversees the technical design and architectural framework for E-Commerce systems.
- Oversees the day to day operations and administration of the E-Commerce infrastructure.
- Oversees technical resources in the troubleshooting and resolution of E-Commerce hardware, software, connectivity issues.
- Manages the development of user-focused templates and interfaces in the HCL Commerce platform to maximize usability, accessibility, and customer experience.
- Leverages internal and external APIs, databases and other data sources.
- Directs the development and maintenance of standard operational procedures for all E-Commerce related technology and infrastructure activities.
- Oversees the scheduling, control and progress of E-Commerce system design, development and installation activities.
- Works closely with and manages strategic E-Commerce vendor partner relationships.
- Conducts capacity monitoring and planning of the E-Commerce environment to ensure appropriate acquisition of IT resources to stay well ahead of channel growth in all its dimensions – traffic, customer acquisition, conversion, order volume, etc.
- Coordinates between internal and external resources, ensuring effective communication between all groups and individuals involved in E-Commerce projects.
- Leads all E-Commerce projects under the rules and guidelines of the Project Management Office (PMO). Ensures all PMO documentation is produced to high standards.
- Owns all interactions with third party auditors regarding E-Commerce security, IT controls and privacy issues.
- Develops E-Commerce expense and capital budgets and stays within those budgets.
- Manages technical ownership of existing key E-Commerce systems, including:
- HCL Commerce
- Akamai Security and performance platforms
- Akamai Image and Video Managers
- Adobe Tag Management
- Promotion Engine platform
- Email engine platform
- PWA Platform
- Atlassian Suite
- CCPA – One Trust
- Performance and monitoring tools
- All 3rd party marketing and performance integrations with the E-Commerce platform
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- HCL Commerce or other large eCommerce platform implementation and support skills
- Experience selecting and implementing OMNI-Channel capabilities and strong integration to eCommerce and Retail.
- Prior experience in integrating headless frontend and micro-services
- Experience in implementing Progressive Web Application and native mobile applications
- Extensive experience in platform migration and digital transformation
- Extensive working knowledge of various monitoring, operational, provisioning, performance, support environments and tools.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS.
- Knowledge of SOX Compliance.
- Site security and compliance methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of various forms payment systems (Major Credit Cards – Chase Paymentech, PayPal, etc).
- Bachelor’s of Science degree required (MIS/CIS degree preferred).
- 12+ years total experience in web development.
- 7+ years experience in a managerial position in a technology group.
- Major E-Commerce Platform experience required (ATG, IBM Websphere, HCL Commerce, Demandware, Hybris, etc); HCL Commerce a must.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.