Senior Database Administrator
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Database Administrator serves as a member of the Information Systems team, leading database administration function. In this role, you will be responsible for operational side of Business Critical DMBS systems. The role will assist in database installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration of secure, high-performing/high-availability database infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and upgrades database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, backups, security, etc.
- Manages SQL Server database servers through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Prepares and maintains deployment and rollback scripts.
- Monitors SQL Server Alerts, configuration via monitoring tools such as SentryOne (SQLSentry)
- Configures, Implements and performs maintenance for Disaster Recovery Solutions using Availability Groups and Replication such as Transactional, Snapshot & Merge replication
- Manages the SQL Server SSIS, SSRS and SSAS infrastructure
- Controls the User Privileges, Security and Audits as per Enterprise Standards
- Reviews and deals with Index fragmentation, CPU Bottleneck, I/O Bottleneck, DBCC checks, Optimization of Query, Data Integrity, Index Tuning, Update Statistics, Error and Event Handling.
- Handles Performance tuning, Optimization, Data integrity and Statistics.
- Works closely with the Development team to review releases and manage performance of any changes.
Oracle Apps DBA:
- Provides level 1 support for Oracle environment including Databases and Web Logic applications.
- Maintains Database backups and restores.
- Works closely with enterprise Integration team (EIT) to manage BizTalk environment.
- Monitors suspended messages and resolve in a timely manner.
- Deploys BizTalk applications across various environments.
- Configures and Manages BizTalk360 monitoring tool.
- Manages codebase across various development teams within Team foundation server (TFS).
- Works with development teams to setup branches and merges code branches across environments.
- Resolves code conflict across various versions.
- Strong experience in MS SQL server Upgrades from lower level to higher level version.
- Experience in scheduling Backups and Restore, Log Shipping and Maintenance plans using Native & Third-party tools (LiteSpeed, SQL Sentry etc.)
- Experience in configuring Always On with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) and Windows Server Failover Clusters, Contained Databases, Online Index Rebuilds, CDC, TDE
- Experience on SQL Server SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience in Database Mirroring and Replication such as Transaction, Merge and Snapshot Replication
- Expertise in Managing Database tasks – Jobs, Alerts, Emails, Notification.
- Expert in Disaster Recovery plans by configuring Clustering, Log-shipping, Mirroring and Replication (Snapshot and Transactional).
- Hands on experience in configuring Clustering in Active-Active and Active-Passive nodes
- Experience in controlling user privileges, security, and audits
- Experience in solving Database issues with Index fragmentation, CPU Bottleneck, I/O Bottleneck, DBCC checks, Optimization of Query, Data Integrity, Index Tuning, Update Statistics, Error and Event Handling.
- Expertise in Performance tuning, Optimization, Data integrity and Statistics by using SQL Profiler, Perfmon, DB Engine Tuning Advisor as well as 3rd party tools and scripts.
- Experience in PowerShell
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS, CSE, MIS, CE, Mathematics, or other related field), or nearing the completion of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Database Administration of both MS SQL Server and Oracle
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.