Senior Benefits Specialist
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Administers group benefit plans on a day to day basis, including health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, absence management, worker’s compensation, life insurance and AD&D. Assists J.Jill associates with information and enrollment in plans, conducts benefit orientations, plans and coordinates annual open enrollment and benefit fairs, generates and maintains a variety of benefit reports and completes various benefits/HR projects as directed. Provides excellent service to associates across all lines of business and partners with vendors, HR team members, and other departments to maximize positive impact of benefit programs while containing costs.
- Performs operational and transactional tasks required to administer company benefit programs, such as group health and welfare plans, life and disability insurance, leaves of absence, and 401k, for new hires, current and terminated associates.
- Serves as primary contact for associates and managers regarding benefit related issues, questions and decisions regarding eligibility or other related topics.
- Maintains company’s internal website and HRIS system with current benefit plan information.
- Resolves employee issues with insurance providers and other benefit administrators.
- Manages all leaves of absence company-wide, including all paperwork, time management, benefits eligibility and payments, compliance, reporting and return to work.
- Performs benefits plan audits as needed to ensure internal systems and vendor databases are aligned.
- Reviews and enters or approves associate information and changes into the various systems as required in a timely manner.
- Works closely with HRIS and payroll staff to ensure integrity of information held in all records, including HR files and automated HRIS system.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality at all times and responds to outside inquiries in accordance with Company policy and/or approval from HR department management
- Manages all documents to be generated, printed and distributed to all J.Jill associates including EOI requests, leave packets, privacy notices, and STD information
- Coordinates the distribution of informational materials related to employee benefits
- Assists with annual open enrollment process, including working with vendors to coordinate updating of plan information and distribution of all print materials. Works with Creative department to create Benefit Guide. Conducts system testing and auditing of benefit plans, monitors open enrollment process, verifies enrollment information, and responds to associate inquiries
- Counsels associates on sensitive issues with dignity and respect; coordinates life insurance claims. Fields phones calls and monitors multiple benefit email mail boxes.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding plans and administration
- Assists with various wellness campaigns
- Experience with benefits area in a similar work environment handling a broad range of tasks in support of benefits administration
- Well organized with good attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior communication skills with all levels of the organization including management
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet software, word processing, computer generated graphics and HRIS
- Ability to maintain excellent rapport with all J.Jill associates; approachable and engaging style with strong listening skills
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for benefit programs
- Ability to maintain srong working relationships with appropriate vendors in the interest of Company and associate satisfaction
- Able to work indendently, plan effectively, and produce results
- 6+ years of experience in human resources/benefits department, preferably working with an hourly staff population in a multi-site environment providing benefits administration
- Previous experience working with Payroll/HRIS systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.