Regional Director - Region North
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Leads their District Managers to maximize each district and store potential, achieving sales and productivity goals. Hires and develops top talent through inspiring and encouraging leadership. Guides District Managers in coaching, developing and inspiring store management to provide a consistent, excellent customer experience, as well as operational excellence. Acts as a strong cross functional to advocate, develop and implement programs and initiatives for stores and field leadership.
Sales Generation and Performance
Drives multi district performance ensuring achievement of sales and productivity goals:
- Develops strategic, actionable plans with District Managers to drive district and store results, maximizing opportunities and potential.
- Forecasts and analyzes business trends and makes strategic, specific action plans. Holds leadership accountable to sales and expense goals.
- Supports company initiatives by leading change positively.
- Assesses market potential and surface opportunities within markets.
- Identifies and celebrates district and store successes.
- Maintains communication with VP of Stores regarding District Manager and store leadership performance and opportunities.
- Ensures customer service issues are resolved timely and effectively, ensuring positive customer experiences and continued customer loyalty.
- Identifies and recruits top talent to support J. Jill culture, goals and objectives, maintaining bench strength to ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Creates a high performing, talented team that is focused on achieving individual and company goals.
- Leads and develops District Managers and store management through positive and challenging assignments.
- Evaluates and coaches to performance by providing timely, actionable and specific feedback to ensure achievement of goals, consistency in brand standards and a positive customer experience.
- Resolves associate relations issues timely and professionally, in accordance with company policy.
·Ensures District Managers and store management are trained in J Jill visual merchandising standards and strategically and effectively plan, schedule, and execute ongoing re-merchandising of stores.
- Ensures District Managers oversee and direct weekly work schedules to drive sales and support a consistent customer experience, while meeting payroll expense goals.
- Leads and resolves loss prevention investigations with District Manager and/or LPI representative and makes decisions on appropriate actions in alignment with company guidelines. Consults with Store Operations and Human Resources as warranted. Protects company assets and reduces merchandise shrink by managing internal, external and administrative inventory processes according to company procedures.
- Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures and federal, state, and local employment laws to ensure a safe environment and protect company assets.
·Reports directly to the VP Retail.
·Partners with key corporate management on store issues.
·Partners with Human Resources on talent management
- Partners with District Managers and Store Management to inspire and develop talent.
- Connections within the community.
- Ability to forecast and analyze business trends and set strategic action plans, and effectively execute to plan.
- Proven ability to network, acquiring and maintaining talent.
- Strong ability to assess market and surface opportunities.
- Passionate about fashion and the J. Jill brand; consistent high level of engagement.
- Treats everyone on the team with dignity and respect and motivates through inspiring and encouraging leadership.
- Outstanding leadership qualities, training and team building skills.
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record of driving multi district performance.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to identify opportunities and coach to success.
- Established history in recruiting and retaining a talented leadership team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with business partners at all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional style, merchandising and wardrobing skills.
- 10+ years Women’s Specialty Retail Management experience required, 3+ years in Regional Director / multi district position preferred.
- College degree.
- Point of Sale and office software technical experience (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Proven experience in Human Resources and Associate Relations.
·Ability to communicate verbally with customers, extensive standing, walking, reaching and pushing/pulling and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate POS register, lift and carry 30 lbs., hang/fold merchandise, ladder climbing, etc.
- Able to travel 3-4 days per week: including overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.