Quality Assurance IS Specialist
The Quality Assurance IS Specialist is a key member of the Information Services technical organization and the Quality Assurance team. The QA IS Specialist works on test planning, test case development and execution, risk assessment, defect management and resolution. Leverages both manual and automated testing techniques. The candidate is expected to be hands on working directly with users, system analysts, project management, and developers to understand business processes and the applications under test. The QA IS Specialist is an important participant in the success of the corporation in delivering high quality solutions to internal associates and J.Jill customers.
- Develop, document, and execute tests to achieve the quality standards agreed upon in the test strategy and test plans.
- Follow the established processes and procedures and ensure documentation of test artifacts meet standards for successful process-audits (including PCI and SOX).
- Contribute to the metrics gathering process in order to propose and implement ongoing improvements
- Identify and manage multiple project’s QA dependencies and deliverables to ensure effective execution and delivery of QA tasks on schedule and budget.
- Identify and escalate risks and issues appropriately. QA is responsible for developing a risk matrix for every project and helping the team to prioritize the most important tests as part of test planning and execution to mitigate risks.
- Prepare activity, progress and status reports regarding QA activities for review by the QA Manager and Project leadership.
- Ensure detailed reports on issues identified in QA testing, including steps to reproduce defects are provided to Development and Project Management.
- Work cross-functionality including other departments to triage customer reported issues.
- Suggest improvements to methods, procedures and efficiencies that lead to better products and/or solutions.
- Knowledge of software QA design and methodologies. Must have the ability to apply knowledge and experience in solving problems that require in-depth evaluation.
- Experience and understanding of the system or software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Testing tools including automated testing processes and tools for functional, integration, and performance testing.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and standard programming practices.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle problems logically and taking the problem-solving initiative
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience in Retail organizations is highly desirable
- 3 + years of experience
- Experience executing QA efforts using different project methods (e.g. waterfall, scrum, kanban, lean, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience using QA automation tools