Merchandising Systems Analyst
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Merchandising Systems Analyst supports systems and services in assistance of the Merchandising, Finance, Planning and Allocation teams. Serves as a key contributor to ensure functionality and performance for the business and to integrate with other systems in the entire enterprise.
- Provides day-to-day systems administrations and support for all Oracle Retail as well as Planning and Allocation modules.
- Monitors support tracking tickets to ensure timely response and resolution for the business.
- Administers on-going maintenance of Merchandising, Planning and Allocation systems.
- Diagnoses and resolves nightly batch and integration issues.
- Debugs and develops new Oracle software code components in computer programming languages Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle ADF, Oracle Forms, Unix shell scripts, Microsoft batch scripts.
- Monitors the RIB Hospital and provides resolution according to defined SLA with the business.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of systems.
- Works with the infrastructure and integration teams on applying Oracle DB patches, O/S and application server patches, Oracle hot fixes, and/or quarterly patch releases.
- Resolves application performance issues by writing PL/SQL programs, and reorganizes Oracle RMS/SIM tables/indexes to enhance performance of batch/application/interface programs.
- Develops technical specifications for changes and enhancements to meet business needs.
- Tests internal and vendor software modifications through rigorous software development processes.
- Participates in identification and resolution of defects associated with test execution.
- Contributes to the success of special projects.
- Liaisons within Information Services department to ensure timely and efficient systems operations; maintains and improves service levels.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Experience in any ERP or planning software packages.
- Experience in one or more programming languages like SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripts, Core Java, Pro*C, etc.
- Strong analytical and software design acumen.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands on experience with office tools such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent
- Hands on experience with defect management tools such as Bugzilla, JIRA, or similar.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience supporting Cloud or hosted applications.
- Experience working in any one of Oracle merchandising suite of applications, Blue Yonder Enterprise Planning, or Blue Yonder Allocation.
- Experience working in Confluence and JIRA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS related, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of directly related work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.