Merchandising Systems Analyst
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Supports systems and services in assistance of the Merchandising, Finance, Planning and Allocation teams. Serves as a key contributor to ensure functionality and performance for the business and to integrate with other systems in the entire enterprise.
- Provides day-to-day systems administrations and support for all Oracle Retail as well as Planning and Allocation modules.
- Monitors support tracking tickets to ensure timely response and resolution for the business.
- Administers on-going maintenance of Merchandising, Planning and Allocation systems.
- Diagnoses and resolves nightly batch and integration issues.
- Debugs and develops new Oracle software code components in computer programming languages Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle ADF, Oracle Forms, Unix shell scripts, Microsoft batch scripts.
- Monitors the RIB Hospital and provides resolution according to defined SLA with the business.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of systems.
- Works with the infrastructure and integration teams on applying Oracle DB patches, O/S and application server patches, Oracle hot fixes, and/or quarterly patch releases.
- Resolves application performance issues by writing PL/SQL programs, and reorganizes Oracle RMS/SIM tables/indexes to enhance performance of batch/application/interface programs.
- Develops technical specifications for changes and enhancements to meet business needs.
- Tests internal and vendor software modifications through rigorous software development processes.
- Participates in identification and resolution of defects associated with test execution.
- Contributes to the success of special projects.
- Liaisons within Information Services department to ensure timely and efficient systems operations; maintains and improves service levels.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Technical and Functional knowledge of listed Oracle Retail applications, Allocation systems, and Planning Systems
- Oracle RMS (Retail Merchandising system)
- Oracle SIM (Store Inventory Management)
- Oracle RPM (Retail Price Management)
- Oracle RIB (Retail Integration Bus)
- Oracle RESA (Retail Sales Audit)
- Enterprise Planning (Oracle or JDA).
- Allocation and Replenishment (Oracle or JDA)
- Expertise in Java, JMS (Java message service), SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle ADF (Application Development Framework), Oracle Forms, Unix shell scripts, Microsoft batch scripts.
- Experience supporting Cloud based applications.
- Familiarity and adherence to SDLC (System development life cycle) processes and procedures.
- Experience leading small to medium sized technology projects.
- Knowledge of utilities and tools such as remote access, Helpdesk software and MS Office.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and cooperative attitude.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-initiator with natural leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS related, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of directly related work experience in at least two of the areas – Core Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, Inventory Management and Revenue Accounting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.